Why do the banks close at just a hint of a holiday? In this day and age, and besides ATM's and online use,?

banks should be open 24/7. This would certainly put a lot more persons to work also!
Update: First off, Walmart is open 24/7 in many places, and I see many people in and out, in many populated areas shift workers make use of these hours. Banks and others have cash dispensers out everywhere, including all night news stands. Of certainty you would have to be daft to keep a bank open in Dog-Patch for Mammy... show more First off, Walmart is open 24/7 in many places, and I see many people in and out, in many populated areas shift workers make use of these hours. Banks and others have cash dispensers out everywhere, including all night news stands. Of certainty you would have to be daft to keep a bank open in Dog-Patch for Mammy Yokum and Li'l Abner, but it is feasible within limits elsewhere, where the surveys indicate and would allow for accommodation and profit.