Is it possible for a civilian to buy an aa12 shotgun and if so how much are they and where van i get one?

I know in order to have a fully auto weapon of any sort there's paperwork and fees. That's not my problem. I just need the price of the aa12 and where to buy one if possible.

Favorite Answer

No, it is not. Period.

The AA12 as you have seen it in its current configuration was manufactured after May 19, 1986. Therefore it cannot be legally transferable. Any fully automatic firearms must have been manufactured AND REGISTERED as transferable NFA firearms before May 19, 1986 in order for a civilian to be able to own them.

This is Federal Law.

You MAY find an old Atchisson Assault 12 (the predecessor and parent of the AA-12) which is a registered transferable, as the Atchisson was manufactured sporadically from 1973 to 1985 or so, mostly as demo models for police departments. When Max Atchisson sold his patent to Military Police Systems in 1987, that was the end of the original Atchisson. Since Military Police Systems didn't even manufacture the modern AA-12 until far past 1986, having not even had the patent rights until a year after the cutoff date, it is legally IMPOSSIBLE for an AA-12 to have a transferable status.

Sorry.

• The King4 years agoReport

If you have a Class 3 license I believe you can get it. http://www.oldglorygunsandammo.com/nfa-class-iii-weapons/

Aa12 Shotgun For Sale

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Source(s): civilian buy aa12 shotgun van one: https://shortly.im/w1RP2

NO, for several reason. The AA12 is not a production gun. A handful were produced as experimental guns and they have found their way to movies and video games. None have been made since 2005.

I doubt that any of the early generation samples were registered with the ATF to be civilian transferable machine guns and any full auto made after 1986 cannot be owned by civilians.

This question is asked by some video game dweeb several times a month.

Actually the answer is not "No,period," but "Unlikely, expensive." There are two Atchisson Shotguns built before 1986: the 1972 lab gun and the 1980s Prototype. They are both freely transferrable, but the guy who owns both of them in Georgia is not interested in selling - at least at a price that nobody would be likely to pay. I have never heard him put a price on them, but I would guess it would be six figures based on what people play for FG42s today.

any civilian can purchase a automatic weapon, if gone thru proper channels--- one u must be sponsered, by setting up a trust, 2 fill out forms with atf, to get federal tax stamps for each weapon, and 3 u must have a carry and conceal license but remember once u have done the the atf can come into ur home any giveen moment at their disgresson and check ur home at anytime of day or night , and if they find anything they can seize any and all weapons if they see anything illegal

• kemmer

Aa12 For Sale

No. There are very few of the shotgun its derived from on the market, but they are rare and even if you managed to find one that's not locked up in a collectors safe you would need another mortgage on your house to buy it.

• Hamish

It is not possible for you to buy one. Period.

Hypothetically, if one were available for sale and it could legally be purchased and possessed by a civilian, I would wager the price would start at $50,000 and rapidly go up from there.

Until there is a semi auto model released you cant own one. Blame our stupid unconstitutional laws. besides the AA12 has not even gone into full production, so only a few demo models exist.

Source(s): Im shure due to the extreme popularity of the AA12 that they will eventualy make a semi auto model. Give it time
    • so why do i see a russian kid shooting two of them at the same time on youtube he had to get it somewhere