What brand of appliances is the most reliable?

Or do you have to get different brands to have the most reliable? Such as one brand of fridge and another brand of washing machine, because the reliable fridge brand isn't a reliable washing machine?

One of the answers below says "Now-a-days, they are all junk. They don't last and you pay a lot for them. I don't think it even matters what brand you buy anymore."

My real question is whether that's really true. Are there really no brands we can trust anymore?

• elhigh
    Favorite Answer

You would do well to do more research than just asking here. I strongly recommend you spend some time reading up on your desired appliances in Consumer Reports. There are often back issues to be found in the local library.

I've had extremely good luck with Kenmore over the years, and if you don't mind used equipment you can be well served by older (pre-Whirlpool ownership) Maytag laundry equipment. I have 20-year-old Maytag washers in service at work, they are both hardy and easy to repair, unlike the 3 year old Whirlpool Cabrio that throws a new error code every week. Do sophisticated electronic controls and sensor systems really improve the washer's function that much? I doubt it, especially when they cause it to come to a stop with the job half done. It's awfully pretty to look at, but when it doesn't work it's just taking up space.

In most instances Kenmore branded equipment is actually made by Whirlpool and has historically been among the most trouble-free but lately that has been changing. Like I said, research.

I had a 20 year old Frigidaire refrigerator at my last house, alongside a 25 year old Frigidaire stove. That's worth looking into, but always remember that corporate ownership of these names changes back and forth, and with it the quality. I wouldn't be willing to purchase a Maytag washer now, not without reading up on its specifications.

Good luck with it.

Source(s): Handyman

Can't answer completely but when you verify out patron internet sites like Which ? You are going to notice for illustration that Hoover and Hotpoint washing machines are beneath normal for reliability. Do not buy a washing computing device that does not have a lint entice, it is a field between the bathtub and the pump, the place the entire fluff and cash get caught. A blocked pump is an awfully usual fault and having a lint lure stops stuff getting so far as the pump, which you can open it and easy it out and retailer the fee of a callout and a £50 bill whenever. I as soon as knew a Hoover engineer, and that i asked him why my hoover wasn't pumping out, he said "frequently it's a 5p coin blocking the pump inlet" . It checked and that is exactly what it used to be. However i do not reckon Hoover have put a lint trap of their machines but ! Any individual will soon correct me if i'm mistaken. I really like our new Zanussi, and i easy out the lint entice each yr or so. I can even swear with the aid of Vaillant fuel boilers, ours is nearly twenty years ancient and simplest broke down twice so far.

Can't answer fully but if you check out consumer websites like Which ? You will discover for example that Hoover and Hotpoint washing machines are below average for reliability. Don't buy a washing machine that doesn't have a lint trap, this is a box between the tub and the pump, where all the fluff and coins get caught. A blocked pump is a very common fault and having a lint trap stops stuff getting as far as the pump, you can open it and clean it out and save the cost of a callout and a £50 bill every time.

I once knew a Hoover engineer, and I asked him why my hoover wasn't pumping out, he said "Usually it's a 5p coin blocking the pump inlet" . It checked and that's exactly what it was. But I don't reckon Hoover have put a lint trap in their machines yet ! Someone will soon correct me if I'm wrong. i love our new Zanussi, and I clean out the lint trap every year or so. I will also swear by Vaillant gas boilers, ours is nearly 20 years old and only broke down twice so far.

• MARK

Now-a-days, they are all junk. They don't last and you pay a lot for them. I don't think it even matters what brand you buy anymore.

All of the name brands are pretty similar, and all are pretty reliable. what it comes down to is how you take care of them. I am in my late twenties, and I still have the hand me down dryer that my father gave me when I first moved into my own house while in college.

It's 27yrs old btw... I take care of it. I rebuilt the drum, and clean it out regularly. As in lint trap once a week. It's a whirlpool.. I am hoping to get 30yrs out of it.

My kitchen appliances are a mix of viking, and kitchen aid. They work great.

All of them are really the same. It all boils down to use and care. The better you take care of ANYTHING, the longer it will last.