How do determine ownership stake in an emerging business venture?

So, I'm currently working on a product that I will eventually take to market (about a month or so). The product is a modern-styled lamp design with a few extra features added to it. There are roughly four total people involved in the project (including myself) and I am starting to worry how we are going to... show more So, I'm currently working on a product that I will eventually take to market (about a month or so). The product is a modern-styled lamp design with a few extra features added to it.

There are roughly four total people involved in the project (including myself) and I am starting to worry how we are going to divvy up the resulting profits according to the contributions that each person has made.

So far, I have contributed 100% of the work done so far (acquiring raw and finished materials, raising capital, finding distributors and manufacturers, marketing,....oh yeah, I was the one that came up with the entire idea and the initial design).

When the other people begin to do their part, one will do a virtual render in an Auto CAD program and the other 2 people will troubleshoot my circuit design and possibly manufacture the first circuit boards using my money.

Since this is my first business venture, I would like to get an opinion of more experienced business-types that may have already gone through this process. How do you think the profits should be distributed?

If necessary, I can go into more detail if the right questions are asked. Thanks!
1 answer 1