Do British kids put on American accents when they play?

I was just thinking back to when I was a kid and I was remembering how when my friends and I (American) would play we would frequently put on British accents. Also, when we said certain sentences that were posh we would put on a British accent. Do British kids put on American accents when they play? When?

Update:

Are you seriously saying Americans are stupid? AMERICANS???? The country that brought you John Nash? The country that has the best colleges in the world (the Ivy League)? The country that has the best boarding preparatory high schools in the world (Andover, Exeter)? You need to get your fact right...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Yeah, sometimes we do. When we're acting out films or teenage chick flicks especially. When we are very little, when we're playing with bratz dolls or something, me and my sister would put on American accents.

Source(s): My expereice
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Yes, sometimes they put on a very, very bad American accent.. Sometimes it is semi-random when a character they are playing happens to be American. For example, when sneaking around and trying not to be seen, something like spies. I think if a child is being a posh princess they would probably use a British accent so that agrees with you.

Source(s): Observing nieces and nephews
  • 8 years ago

no, not really, but sometimes when mimicing someone lol, i have a mate who watches too much american tv for her own good and sometimes says the odd word in an american accent and everyone shouts at her :p

yeah, so no, unless we are impersonating someone , or in drama class coz it's the easiest accent to do

- english 13 year old

• Danny
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

No I do not put on an American accent, I only do it when I am mimic in an American, in which my American accent is quite bad

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

no, quite the opposite actually, where i live anyway, kids put on a posh mary poppins sort of accent when they play

• 8 years ago

We use American accents when we want to sound stupid

• 8 years ago

change the subject kate, that does not involve America verses Britain.

• Martin
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

I never reconised it before.

• Martin
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

It has beer known.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

no

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.