Marijuana Possession in South Carolina. HELP!!?

So I was driving 79 on I-20 in South Carolina when the posted speed was 65. I know I shouldn't have been going that fast but I was 30 minutes from my dorm after a 5 hour drive back from Atlanta. The officer told me that my car smelled like marijuana and asked me to show him what I had. I showed him my bowl and... show more So I was driving 79 on I-20 in South Carolina when the posted speed was 65. I know I shouldn't have been going that fast but I was 30 minutes from my dorm after a 5 hour drive back from Atlanta. The officer told me that my car smelled like marijuana and asked me to show him what I had. I showed him my bowl and less than a gram of weed. He then gave me a $185 ticket for speeding along with a $612 ticket for possession. He also informed me that I need to go to court for both of the tickets on the same day and he might be able to help me reduce my sentence.
My questions are: will I serve jail time? Will my license be suspended? What else may happen?

BTW I have never had a ticket, been stopped, nor been convicted of any other crimes. I am an 18 year old college student.
Update: I have a Georgia driver's license and the cop said my license may not be suspended. Is this true?