Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 7 years ago

Teens: Why do we do stupid things sometimes?

YOLO

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

because we learn from our stupid mistakes. it helps us to become more mature.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 7 years ago

Ok now, "stupid" and the two forms of "reckless" are very different things!

Stupid: Purposely or non-purposly doing things that are just plain thoughtless, usually hurt themselves or others, sometimes just total brainless things...

Reckless 1: My definition is more of the dare-devil thing, you know pushing things to your limit, thinking then acting without thinking about it (less you think about what you're going to do is how you get it done) usually with mobbin' trucks, skiing, doing things that could obviously get you killed or hurt. Its for the fun of it, its for life, its for us kids raised on adrenaline and the "no pain, no gain" rule :)

Reckless 2: Being quite obviously stupid (i.e. drinking and driving, mixing meds cus they "wanna party") its just called being stupid, trying to be reckless 1, but failing and lookin like they're stupid. Usually done for attention or cus they're truly stupid...

So why some kids are stupid: Sometimes kids don't think, you know we don't always think before we say somethin or we don't think before making certain choices. I've said or done some pretty stupid things (for me at least) without thinking, but at least I realized what I said and apologized for it... Its a mix of hormones, others' reactions and just the pure fact of lacking thought. Yea a lot of it is stupid and a lot of it can be fixed but everyone realizes at some point that in order to be smart, you gotta admit what you do wrong. Sometimes it takes kids longer to do that, sometimes people can just have a bad day. You never know...

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because your amygdala, a small section of your brain in your prefrontal cortex that is responsible for decision making and judgement skills, is developing at this time. It is also responsible for those crazy mood swings, extreme highs and lows, etc.

• 7 years ago

Because we're young and trying out things that later we'll know were stupid

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 80% because of that YOLO saying.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because a lot of teens are idiots?

• 7 years ago

Either there's something wrong with us or we're legitimately and naturally stupid people

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Cuz we learn tht either it's wrong or not and learn from our mistakes:)

Source(s): I'm a teen
  • Leslie
    Lv 4
    7 years ago

Because we're human.

• Anonymous
    7 years ago

Because that's our mission

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.