If god exists, why doesn't he just appear to the world on a regular basis...?

so trillions of people won't get tortured for eternity?
Update: @ Chris Land

1. There's nothing to suggest that any of that exists.
2. With the 1000s of similar offers out there how can you know you have the right one?
Regular showings would solve all of that.
Update 2: @Tarrielle.....

What's free will for to do with it?
Is my knowledge of the certain existence of coke in my fridge going to affect my free will when it comes to having coke or not??
Update 3: @ Velvet 1. Why would messengers being redundant be a bad thing?? 2. But god broke these laws almost willy nilly in the Bible, why is it different then as opposed to now? Look, all I'm asking is why can't this supposedly loving being stop trillions of people brig tortured for eternity? Why won't any... show more @ Velvet

1. Why would messengers being redundant be a bad thing??
2. But god broke these laws almost willy nilly in the Bible, why is it different then as opposed to now?

Look, all I'm asking is why can't this supposedly loving being stop trillions of people brig tortured for eternity? Why won't any of you give me a straight answer??

Don't worry about that last one, it was rhetorical, I know why you can't answer properly...
Update 4: @ Desirre

I'm not talking about showing people who already believe.

I'm talking about a global event after which there can be no doubt.

I'm talking about showing atheists, Hindu, even the small rain forest tribes of the Amazon in an indisputable fashion.