Calculus, AP Calculus or AP Statistics?

So I'm currently a junior in high school taking Trigonometry. Should I jump into AP Calculus?Statistics or just take regular Calculus?

I was thinking about majoring in Pharmacy.

Favorite Answer

I'm an Art and Spanish double major, and I'm still very happy that I chose to take AP calculus AB and BC in high school. Not only did it allow me to bypass my math requirement in college so that I could take more classes relevant to my majors, but I also learned a lot and have made a lot of money tutoring calculus in college.

Statistics can also be interesting if say Accounting is something that interests you, but I personally prefer calculus. I would just recommend you ask students who have taken the upper level courses at your school for their advice or find out which classes have the better teachers. It always seems to make a big difference.

• James

Don't skip trig. It is everywhere in calculus.

Next year though, you should take AP Calc. You're required to take it for most careers anyway, and if you can get the credits in HS, the better; if you're going in a career like engineering or programming, you'll want to go higher than Calc 1/2, so it'll be a jump start.

It all depends on what you want to major in. Because of the major I want, I need alot of math. So I currently take both AP Calc and AP Stat

If you intend on going into engineering, take AP calc & AP physics. I'm a sophomore in civil engr now, and I really wish I had taken those classes in high school.