is what my dad says true?

is this true? my dad says that when a guy is friends with a girl that boy always like her. theres no way a guy & girl can be friends without the boy having feelings for her or wanting to kiss her.

he also says its not the same for girls. he says that girls can be ONLY friends & feel nothing but guys cant JUST be friends.

Favorite Answer

Thats a lie. I can't say I'm a ladies man or anything. I'm really picky about which girls I like.

I know only a few girls but I'm only attracted to one of them. The others are just fun to be around and talk to.

Your dad might be saying that to possibly deter you from getting a boyfriend. But in answer to your question, guys are not like that.

I don't think it's true, so I disagree.

I used to have a crush on my best guy friend back in elementary and everyone knew, he did too. Wasn't a big deal.

And he didn't like me back. We were just best friends, and it stayed like that.

We're still friends now, though not as close because his gf in 11th grade didn't like me. She knew about my OLD crush on him and it was way more blown out than it needed to be.

It had been years too, cause I moved back.

Anyway. It's possible to just be friends on both ends.(:

Not absolutely always, but most of the time, yes, your Dad is correct.

Put another way, it's easy for men and women to become friends, but very difficult to stay friends.

i would say thats true even if you are just so called friends he guy always has sex in the back of his mind

no, it's not true. and your dad just told you a whole lot about himself than he did anyone else.

people who tell you that the opposite sex can't be just friends are really saying that they can't be just friends w/ the opposite sex.