Does it make sense for my parents to confiscate my video game consoles in light of the details?

So, my Board Exam results (the exams took place in March) came out in July, and I scored 87% total. Even though this was a good score, my parents said they were disappointed in me, so I promised them I would work harder next year. My mother had been taking and giving back my PSP and 3DS on and off ever since 2011... show more So, my Board Exam results (the exams took place in March) came out in July, and I scored 87% total. Even though this was a good score, my parents said they were disappointed in me, so I promised them I would work harder next year. My mother had been taking and giving back my PSP and 3DS on and off ever since 2011 because she said they interfered with my studies, but after a while she would give them back if I asked her about them enough.

In August my brother (who is as much addicted to video games as I am) asked me to move the PS2 from the lounge into my bedroom so that we could stay up late playing it together, but since I didn't want our parents to think I was the 'hopelessly addicted' kind of addicted I refused.

Around this time my sister who has an iPad and a Nintendo DS and wasn't doing very well in school, got the result of her Board Exams and had failed Chemistry. My brother who sucks up to our parents more than anyone (even though he's achieved much less than anyone else in the family) told my mother that I wasn't studying either and all I cared about was video games. My mother always listens to him first, since like I said he sucks up the most, and when he pointed out that I hadn't met their expectations in the Board Exams she took all my and my sister's consoles and locked them.

I told her that it didn't make sense in any way to lock up my consoles a month after the results had come out and nearly half a year after the exams had taken place, but she didn't listen and told me she'd give them back only after I got first position in my class in the next exams.

I got full marks in some consecutive tests after that, but whenever I brought up the subject of giving my consoles back she refused and said they were only small tests. When I did get 92% in my first term exams, she said it was not enough and I should have gotten 98% (this isn't possible because our school uses 'official cutting' and the highest possible percentage is 96%). Now I'm not half as interested in my studies because I have absolutely nothing else to do but study. I'm pretty upset over this. It's been over a month now, and my mother haven't given my consoles back. I'm inclined to blame my brother who had them confiscated simply because he couldn't play them all the time and didn't want me to either.

Is there any way I can ask my parents to give my consoles back without them firing up like they do every time?