Was Patrick Soon-Shiong correct about the role of government?

Soon-Shiong is worth about $7Billion. He built his fortune primarily through his work in the medical world. He has been very philanthropic in the Los Angeles area, primarily.

He believes there is a huge need for a dedicated high speed infrastructure,network, labs etc. linking cancer centers around the country. The point of this question is not to discuss the need for network, but to his comment.

His comment was ""This is something the federal government should have done, but we waited and waited for them,"

My question(s) to you is : Is he right? Is this the gov't's responsibility?

NOTE: He and 3 or 4 evil corporations got tired of waiting and went out and created this expensive life saving network.

@gunny - let's assume that there was a lot of lobbying.

Favorite Answer

Mr. Soon-Shiong was wrong.

1. Private sector will determine if this truly is needed.

2. Private sector will build it faster, less expensively and much better than any government will.

3. He and his buddies proved exactly the opposite of what he advocated for (gov't built network / labs). They saw the need for it and invested their own dollars, took all of the risk and can now say that "I Built That" They own it and can make it work in any way they see fit, and if they choose to, try to turn a profit.

Congrats and thank you to Mr. Soon-Shiong ,whover he is for showing us once again how a dynamic and free country actually works.

while interior the blend the consequence of those undesirable judgements reason actual sources markets u . s . a .-huge to implode, which threatens to break the financial financial gadget, which then motives credit ti freeze up, which feeds ever extra widely the contraction of the american financial gadget, which finally ends up in a jolting drop in client and business enterprise call for for good and facilities, which finally ends up in extra suitable and bigger unemployment, which boosts the contraction of the financial gadget it relatively is geared up so heavily on own and company debt and the skill to provider that debt. I relatively have tried to offer you a proof that even a hurry Limbaugh listening fool ought to understand. yet i've got self assurance I might desire to have long previous even decrease for you. Have a great Rush unfastened day!

• Gunny

YOU- can't just WAIT on them you have to ACTIVELY Lobby...the Government has Subsidized EVERY Level of the Market & built the Framework of Subsidy...of M.I.C..

Source(s): staying sane

He is evil. He will be the death of us all. Mark my words.