Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicComics & Animation · 7 years ago

Avatar the last airbender vs legend of korra?

Which is better the old series avatar the last airbender or the new series legend of korra

Favorite Answer

the new series...

The last air bender was WAAY better then the legend of Korra. The legend of Korra doesn't teach the life lessons that avatar the last airbender taught the legend if korra could never compare to the original series but it is still a really good show.

We really shouldn't be comparing the two. The Last Airbender was amazing and I loved it. Legend of Korra was different, which is where I think that a lot of these reviews are coming from. Legend of Korra isn't supposed to mirror The Last Airbender, it's supposed to be all together different. The character development was still present, the action is LOK is more intense, and I fell in love with the story and caught myself feeling all of the emotions I felt during TLA. I loved that it built on the spiritual side of the avatar, that the air nomads are being rebuilt, and it took bending to an entirely new level ie: lava bending, metal bending, and the spiritual advancement that airbenders can achieve. And the villans in book 3 were AMAZING. It was very VERY well done. I appreciate both TLA and LOK for what they bring to the table, and I look forward to more in the future.

I'm a huge fan for Avatar the Last Airbender. I've never seen Legend of Korra, why did they have to make a sequel. Aang was the Bridge to Peace and Hope, Korra's just some random person who just happed to be the Avatar. Aang is the only who should be Avatar. Original Team Avatar Forever.

• vale

Is Korra The Last Avatar

• Joan

I totally agree with you, nothing would ever beat the story and originality with Aang's story, mostly because it was the first to ever come out, and we probably have great memories growing up with the show, as well as sequels never seem to be as good as the first one. I guess because we kind of know or have an idea what the story would be about in the sequel compared to the first, not to mention we grow so attached to the first characters its hard to let go and accept new ones. Now as for legend of korra, don't get me wrong I love the charactors and modern style, something that is a little different with TLA, just that I wish they focused more on Korra's development as a character rather than her love life, or on the whole equalist things, I don't know how to explain it, something just didn't seem to click with me along with the first season, I agree with some of the answers that we should wait until the show is at its finale, but everything just seems rushed and doesn't have that powerful effect on me as it did in TLA. It could be because it lacked detail and that they were focused in one area (republic city, which made it depressing in my opinion) or that Aang was just a unique and more adventurous character, but it gave me a feeling it was just in the shadows based on aang's story, which was obviously the point of the sequel but I kinda wished they did something to make us like Korra's legend more for her independent and unique storyline, so that we could admit both of them are awesome in their own ways. But this isn't the case for me, I don't know what it is just a feeling that Aang was overall better.(I can't explain this right sorry if I confused you) anyway its just my opinion, and I could be wrong, who knows maybe the second season might change my mind, I STILL am hoping that some of our questions will be answered and explore the characters little more, and I still love the show, even though it disappointed me a little. I forgot to add, I also dislike the fact that they only have 12 episodes in the first season and 14 in the next, if they are going to do this then they BETTER blow our minds in the second season lol.

I pick the old avatar. The plot was much more interesting. But In the legend of Korra, the guys in Nickelodeon have done something very interesting, which is adapting all the four element stuff to the 30's. I thought that mix was pretty interesting, and is also very well done. You Just see all the Korra fans and how they have accepted the new avatar series to prove it.

I miss Aang the old team avatar. They were quite a lovely bunch.

I'm a big fan of both but personally I prefer Korra because it has a much more mature and less childish feel to it. The action is better and Aang acted way too dumb in my opinion. Plus there is a bunch of romance stuff in Korra which I am a sucker for and the characters are closer to my own age so I can connect with them easier. They are both fantastic an worth watching though.

• apame4 years agoReport

why do you think people like The last air bender, because the character are well developed

Avatar the last airbender by far.

ATLA had great character development. You truly got to see the characters evolve in both bending and just overall personality.

In ATLA viewers got to see Aang going through the struggle of mastering the elements, but in legends of korra she knew them as a child.

Just a personal reason I never liked The legends of korra is because most of the characters you know and love in ATLA including the main character, Aang, are deceased.

It was cool to know a bit of what happened to the original team in their avatar adult lives.

Avatar the last air bender, Legend of korra felt a little rushed

legend of korra is stupid Avatar the last airbender was way better