How can we go about creating informed voters?

I mean, the premise of the electoral college (which is what actually elects a president, not you) is essentially "We're a bit smarter than you, we can't guarantee you'll make an informed decision. Run along now and pretend that your opinion matters to us." And that's not even untrue;... show more I mean, the premise of the electoral college (which is what actually elects a president, not you) is essentially "We're a bit smarter than you, we can't guarantee you'll make an informed decision. Run along now and pretend that your opinion matters to us."

And that's not even untrue; the reason for its existence is the fact that most Americans don't know what's happening in their country. So, how do you think we can go about making more informed voters, particularly of our youngins'?

Also, would it scare the hell out of you if I told you that less than half of our country knows the three branches of government?