Woken up with a sore swollen eyelid upper ..hurts to touch what could it b. should i b worried?

There was a lot of dry sleep in the corner more than normal and looks puffy wen I look in the mirror and looks a bit red aswell ...wen I press on it I can feel a lump wat could it b please help thank you in advance

Favorite Answer

If you are a contact lens wearer do not use your contacts.

This sounds to me like it is an eye infection or perhaps a foreign body like a bit of grit has gotten into the eye. It may even be a stye.

Make an appointment to see your GP today.

Try flushing the eye with an eye wash you can get from the chemist. If it is grit it will sometimes come out that way.

In the mean time apply warm compresses to the affected eye when your eye is closed. Take a facecloth and dip it in warm water to make it hot. This will sooth the eye. Avoid touching your good eye as if it is infection you can transfer it to both eyes.

• spates

This occurred to me very last week, it become from a stye forming or from a perilous disease that my body become attempting to remove. basically position a warmth eco-friendly tea bag on it ever so typically, mine went away in 4 days.

It sounds like a stye to me

sound like a stye, you can get cream from the chemist