Why don't more people prepare their own food instead of eating out or ordering?

I used to order pizza or stop at Mcdonalds/Wendys a few years ago but it's just not logical! I have found that you can make your own pizza and it will taste just as good as one you can buy for less than half the price! And why don't people just pack a lunch for work instead of eating fatty and pricey... show more I used to order pizza or stop at Mcdonalds/Wendys a few years ago but it's just not logical! I have found that you can make your own pizza and it will taste just as good as one you can buy for less than half the price!

And why don't people just pack a lunch for work instead of eating fatty and pricey fast food, it takes maybe 5 minutes and you will save quite a bit of money in the long run. Heck you could even bring frozen food to work and it will still be cheaper than fast food.

A dollar cheeseburger can be made for 50 cents at home if you buy store brand, even less for a taco or burrito. I know most of you will say it is due to laziness or a busy lifestyle but it really doesn't take much longer than brushing your teeth or watching the news to do any of the things I mentioned.

Are the people just stupid or something, were they not given the "Value of a dollar speech" by their parents, is it a habit formed by the parent's or what?

What is even worse than people that order off the dollar menu are the ones that buy the Value meals as you are totally getting ripped off if you buy one of those, a large soda for a dollar is NOT cheap by any means when you can buy a 2 liter from the super market.
Update: All of these are very good answers, I don't know how to decide lol.