PC Monitor says "No Signal"?

PC works pretty well after I recently updated it but now suddenly when I have to restart y computer to finish a download, the computer freezes so I decide to turn it off manually but then when I try to turn the computer back on it says "No Signal" I tried putting every cord in together fine and this has... show more PC works pretty well after I recently updated it but now suddenly when I have to restart y computer to finish a download, the computer freezes so I decide to turn it off manually but then when I try to turn the computer back on it says "No Signal" I tried putting every cord in together fine and this has happened to me before but only because the cords weren't in right so I fixed it easily but now nothing works. Everything I try doesn't work. I have no idea what to do now.Hopefully nothing is wrong with my mother board or graphics card which I know may be the problem but I wanna know if there is a quicker way to fix it without taking anything out of my pc or paying for anything.
Update: Oh and yes the PC works fine I can hear the PC but the monitor just says "No Signal" I will try most of your suggestions thankyou!