im 17 years old and still a virgin?

im 17 years old (male) and lately it seems like everyone i know has already lost there virginity. I feel like i am the outcast of some of my friends. When the time comes when i eventually do have sex for the first time, should i tell the girl im a virgin or not even bring it up?

Favorite Answer

Hello 12th Man...,

Most of what I would say has already been said here but let me add a couple thoughts.

To me that's one of the greatest things you've got going for you, that you've yet to give yourself to a casual, throw-away relationship. Because that's not the way most women want it to be. As the one responder said, it's not something you'd tell everyone you met but if the relationship deepened, it would be appropriate.

Men compete in this area and make you feel left out but they lie a lot too. If there's one thing a guy will lie about it's his sexual history and generally to imply he's gotten a lot more than he has. I'd be surprised if all your friends have really gotten everything they claim.

The only negative might involve why you were still a virgin, for some girls might assume a guy was gay if he didn't have a history. But if you're waiting for the right person and the right relationship, that's the 'right' answer.

You don't see the hurt and problems promiscuity brings when you're seventeen, but taking the 'short cut' comes with a price. It means that when a guy does find that one who can satisfy him for the rest of his life he might not be able to keep her, because of what he's already done.

I was a virgin when I was married at 52. I'd recommend marrying a little earlier, but I'm glad I waited for the virgin part.

-G-

No it is not undesirable in any respect - you may desire to lose your virginity once you % to, no longer considering you sense forced with suggestions from others or attain a definite age. once you're arranged, you're arranged - no quicker. P.S. 17 isn't that previous in terms of virginity, i've got have been given some pals who have been/are virgins at 21, 22 etc. It does not influence my opinion of them. Your intercourse life is your guy or woman corporation!

I'm 18 and a virgin. So I know how you feel. If the relationship starts to get a little more sexual, that may be more appropriate to mention that you're a virgin. It's kind awkward to bring it up earlier in a relationship unless the conversation has just so happen to come up.

• Breezy

I lost mine at 19. I'm in college and have met plenty of 18+ virgins. My friend's roommate is 23 and still a virgin.

Be proud of who u are. Don't rush into sex. Its cool to wait if u need too. Wait til u think is the right girl. Plus its right to tell her you are a virgin. Then she know how things will be. Don't worry bout some kids making fun of u but keep your head up about it. Its nothing to be ashamed about.

Source(s): Was a virgin until I was 21

A surprising number of people lose their virginity in college. When you're in high school it seems like everyone's done it, but you find out later that really isn't the case.

Source(s): in college

I didn't exactly wait to have sex for the first time, but when I did, the woman knew I was a virgin, and was very...instructive. Don't do it just to do it, do it when it feels right, and it will be better. And you will be a better person for it.

• i know im 23 and a virgin and it seems that guys pick on me for it even girls do to but girls that are virgins at my age don't get any **** for it it sure does stink

Girls Find It Attractive. For Some reason It's Purity Or Some ****.

Well, it is good x