Did the Republicans commit political suicide with the shunning of RP?

They stole delegates, elections, went against their own rules and had a fraudulent vote at the RNC. Does this spell suicide for them if they lose this election?

@Charles, I kind of see it the other way. The republicans are desperate for a win. Ron Paul pulls both independents and some democrats. The Romney supporters will back whomever the candidate is but the Ron Paul supporters most likely won't back Romney. Seems to me RP was the man to go with to ensure a win, rather than a defeat.

@Nomad uhhhhhh he just won 5....

@ Wake Up, Yeah, but this time was different this time he actually got the support required and they straight up anal raped him. I actually intended to vote repub for the first time, now I'm either voting Obama or not voting. Not because I particularly like Obama but mainly cuz I don't wanna see Romney be president, scary thought.

Favorite Answer

I can only tell you my point of view.

I left the Republican Party in 2003 because of the wars, the Patriot Act, and the TSA.

Yet, I would NEVER vote for a Democrat, the real warmongers of American history.

Had Ron Paul won the nomination, I would have voted Republican again. I knew that would have never happened of course.

Many of us refuse to continue to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Until the rest of you people wake up, and see how you are being manipulated by both political parties, this country is going down the toilet of history at worst. The best you can hope for now is enslavement under a totalitarian regime that both parties are trying to create....because both parties lie and cheat when their lips move.

• Nomad

Ron Paul has run for Pres 3 times. He has never won a single state. It should be fairly obvious that Ron Paul is just NOT very popular.

Edit: No. He didn't win 5 states. His group went to the delegate selection caucuses and elected people who were sympathetic to Ron Paul. But they were statutorily required to vote for Romney in accordance with a binding primary vote.

Ron Paul has never won a state.

No offense to other contributors, but here is the deal. If you are Michael Vick, you do not abuse animals. If you're in politics, you don't mess with your base, specifically a a huge base like youngster boomers. And specially when every person is conscious of tax breaks for significant oil in return for political contributions. To go against youngster boomers and ship the message that you do not care is each a case be trained in political science of what not to do and political, no celebration, suicide. This may occasionally extend beyond 2012.

No. Ron Paul's brand of libertarianism isn't particularly popular. His supporters are very vocal, but his performance in the primaries has never indicated any ability for him to really connect with large numbers of people. A Ron Paul nomination would've been a landslide defeat for the GOP.

No, the Tea Party is their suicide pill.

Paul could have helped them reinvent the party into a more libertarian one, but the second people actually understand those positions they'd never get elected.

Ron Paul lives in a play world! Get over it pooolease!

• nobudE

But Ron likes america more than isreal and corporations. What the hell kind of republican is that?

They have always shunned Ron Paul, where the hell have you been?

No. Ron Paul is a buffoon.

• John

How? Most people can't stand him.