I have heard 2 or 3 songs mention Nancy Kerrigan. Why do they mention her name?

What do they mean when they say Nancy Kerrigan in Strange Clouds b.o.b and hurt me tomorrow knaan? B.o.B says "I hit her with that pipe, call that Nancy Kerrigan" and K'naan says "Cause girl you bring me to my knees...Nancy Kerrigan"

Update:

THANK YOU but I all ready know who she is, I just want to know why all these people are mentioning her in her raps? what is the importance?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

She was an American figure skater who's opponent paid someone to assault her (He bashed her knees with a collapsible police baton) so that she would be unable to compete in upcoming competitions. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nancy_Kerrigan#Januar...

• AmberP
    Lv 7
    7 years ago

Because back in the 1990's Tonya Harding (another figure skater) got pissed off at her, because she broke a shoe lace and Nancy Kerrigan was doing better than her and had someone hit her with a pipe in the knee, to stop her from winning.

• 4 years ago

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

I have heard 2 or 3 songs mention Nancy Kerrigan. Why do they mention her name?

What do they mean when they say Nancy Kerrigan in Strange Clouds b.o.b and hurt me tomorrow knaan? B.o.B says "I hit her with that pipe, call that Nancy Kerrigan" and K'naan says "Cause girl you bring me to my knees...Nancy Kerrigan"

Source(s): heard 2 3 songs mention nancy kerrigan mention name: https://shortly.im/XrV4y
  • 3 years ago

Strange Clouds Lyrics

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 years ago

Yes, as soon as I saw your question the song that popped in my heard was my favorite song as a child called " I Can Sing A Rainbow" Red and yellow and Pink and Green Purple and orange and blue I can see a rainbow See a rainbow Sing a rainbow too Listen with your eyes Listen with your ears And sing everything you see I can see a rainbow See a rainbow Sing along with me :) Cool !

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.