Jay asked in Social SciencePsychology · 8 years ago

Feel very depressed and Overwhelmed in College?

I feel depressed being away from home and just don't feel uncomfortable dorming. And since I signed a 1 year contract I'm stuck here for a year. I can't imagine living here for that long. Also I feel overwhelmed with school work I failed my first college exam and I lost all motivation I'm trying to study but my mind just keeps being negative therefore I feel I would be more productive in a comfortable setting like my home. Any advice?

@Nicole I go to Rutgers

Favorite Answer

you are not alone. i am in college too and yes its hard to be away from home and be around people but for the sake of your well-being and school work, its going to be okay. try to meet some people or go to a study session to keep you motivated or try to found something to keep you motivated like sports or a club. if you are religious, pray keep an positive attitude and try your best. if you need any more advice, you can search me here if you want to and talk about it more. may i ask, what college or university do you go to? i go to Clayton State University in Georgia

I'm feeling the same way my dude. Fortunately for me I go to a community college so I still have the comforts of home. But dude I honestly feel what you're going through. I couldn't imagine feeling how I am now but being alone at college. I'm not a psychologist and I don't know anything about it I just saw this question and i could relate to it. Sry to ramble on but I would talk to like an advisor or something at your school. There's gotta be someone like that there. Or try to get a girlfriend. That'll help a lot.

Best of luck my dude.

• rotner

No longer each person is a huge historical buddy hound, you already know. A few of us go by way of existence with just a few contributors we discover foremost. Most likely you will have to come to phrases with who you perhaps. Or, probably you're going to ought to begin entering the sport and discovering your self a person that you just would put your energy into.

• Naguru

Yes. I agree. It can happen. It is left to your own sweet-will. You are free to select the best course that suits your comforts, conveniences and future career. Be productive. Do always quality work, if you want to be in limelight. Use your discrimination powers wisely and then decide.

Source(s): own