Chris Cornell or Eddie Vedder?

who has a better voice and who writes better in my oppinion cornell saying

Favorite Answer

Depends on what you appreciate in a voice.

To me, Eddie Vedder is kind of like the wise man of grunge - with a deep, growling, resonating voice that goes perfectly with his moral-studded ballads (think Jeremy, Alive, Even Flow, Black.. all those hits) his voice is certainly one to remember and is quite distinctive. It's a strong, soothing voice that makes me respect Pearl Jam. By the way, I've heard they treat their fans the best compared to most bands.

On the other hand, Chris Cornell has such a penetrating voice! When he hits those high notes, the listener gets the feeling he is giving all his effort and emotion into the song. His voice can range from a biting cry to an attractive croon as he sings songs in normal tone. He can also give songs the feeling of an apocalyptic age - a quality that is rarely found in most singers.

Both singers have such unique, distinctive voices. They can also be called the faces of grunge.

In my opinion, I really do like Chris Cornell's voice a tad bit more than Eddie Vedder's. But a good comparison, and a tough question nevertheless. Good choice!

Source(s): good people, good influences, cornelled

Chris Cornell. I can't stand Eddie Vedder's voice...same with the guy from Avenged 7 fold

• hyten

Eddie Vedder i don't like Chris Cornell's voice all that so much except on some songs but I generally to find his voice demanding. Hunger Strike -Temple of the dog I say Yay BA: hard one I idea Vs. And Ten each were amazing and had so many first-class songs, I actually are not able to answer. BA2: Rusty Cage by using Soundgarden BA3: this may occasionally wreck You - There Are Some therapies Worse...

• DeeOh

Chris Cornell by far. Before he blew out his vocal chords he had a one of a kind voice not to mention he's one of the best songwriters of the past 20 years. Everything he touches musically turns to gold.

That's a tough one, but I would have to say Chris Cornell. It's close, though.

Eddie Veeder

• ?

love both but Chris Cornell for me

Chris Cornell is way better is lyrics and singing in my opinion!

I love Chris, but Eddie Vedder is my FAVORITE. Amazing lyrics, beautiful voice.

Cornell for sure