How to be a music video model?

I heard LA is the best place to get an agent to be such. A music video I'm particularly interested in is a Justin Bieber one, so if that helps? (Before you start the Bieber hate, It's not because I'm a super big fan, just think I would do best in that kind of video age group) But music video's in general would be great. I have modeling, dancing, and acting experience. What agency would you tried to get signed with? I live in Arizona so anything from here to California will work. Thanks in advance!!

Favorite Answer

One of the best ways to get on the map as a model is to be featured in a music video, and the bigger the artist the better. However, any music video that gets airplay on BET or MTV can jump start a model's career.

The harsh reality is that if you are not in Los Angeles, Miami, Atlanta, or New York it will be very difficult to get cast in a US-based music video because most of them are filmed in those cities, and especially Los Angeles. So if you are serious about being a video vixen and you don't live in one of those areas, a change in location may be in order.

Almost every major music video is sent out through the various casting services such as LA Casting (Talent Signup), Breakdowns Services (Actors Access), Back Stage East & West, Craig's List, etc. If you have an agent, they will submit you for castings and you don't have to worry about this, but presumably if you're reading this, you don't have an agent yet. Of course, there is always some other way to find out about a casting, ie., through the music video director, someone in the artist's entourage, or through a casting director that sees you somewhere. But all of those methods are unlikely. Of the casting sources mentioned above, the one most highly recommend is LA Casting Network. There is a fee - $14.95 a month - but all of the major music videos, and other good jobs, go out over LA Castings. Once you sign up you will have to create a profile and submit a picture. Do not rush through the profile creation. The more accurate it is, the more information casting directors will have about you. Also, make sure your pictures are high quality and showcase your body nicely. That is very important for music video castings.

You will have to audition to be in a music video. This will entail showing up at the casting, signing in, and waiting to be called in by the casting director. Be on time for your casting appointment! You are being judged every step of the way. In the audition you may be asked to read lines or dance seductively for the camera. Your competition will be at the casting, so be prepared to see other pretty faces. You should come to the casting dressed in something that showcases your body (in a tasteful way) and that you can move around in without embarrassing yourself. You also need to bring a high quality photo of yourself with your height, measurements and resume stapled to it. You should wear natural, light make up and look "fresh faced." Be prepared to wait some. Click the video clip to the left to view a brief segment from a VH1 documentary concerning video vixens and the casting process (it takes a few minutes to load).

In Los Angeles, some of the key music video casting directors are Fred Johnson, Pablo Cornejo, David Kang, and Anissa Williams. Fred and Pablo have cast some of the hottest music videos by the biggest players. If you think you've got what it takes, it may be worth it to submit a headshot and resume to one of these casting directors,

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

How to be a music video model?

I heard LA is the best place to get an agent to be such. A music video I'm particularly interested in is a Justin Bieber one, so if that helps? (Before you start the Bieber hate, It's not because I'm a super big fan, just think I would do best in that kind of video age group) But music...

Source(s): music video model: https://tr.im/tdEVn
  • Amy

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/awDCG

if you look back at the 90's and compare it to today, you'll notice just how far music video's have come. i don''t know if it's do with most mainstream musicians having become quite aware of the fact that sex appeal sells, or if it's just a way to substitute and have an excuse for poor video directing and lack of imagination. is there a message being conveyed to the younger generation?..perhaps, maybe there is. but the bigger question i would presume is, what is the difference between a child watching these women strip on a television..as opposed to in a titty bar?

• legat

Anissa Williams Casting