Facebook Error Message?

I'm receiving an error message when attempting to login to Facebook on my iPhone: "Login Failed. Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error code 2: (FBAPIErrorDomain)" I've tried to reset all settings on the iPhone, I've deleted the Facebook application, I've cleared all of the cache from the iPhone as well as removing the SIM card. I'm still receiving this error. Sometimes, it will allow me to login. If that happens, I can't update my status, I can't upload photos, I can't view other people's profiles and I can't do other things. There have been a couple of occasions when I could update a status, but I would get text messages from people saying that they can't comment on my status messages.

I also cannot login to Facebook via my desktop PC. I receive a message that reads, "Facebook is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few minutes. In the meantime, read more about why you're seeing this message. Thanks for your patience as we improve the site." However, Facebook is not down for required maintenance. Other people are able to sit down at my PC and login immediately after I try to login. I've changed my password and even went as far as deactivating my account. I've tried to contact Facebook to have this resolved but I haven't heard anything from them after several days. I've checked their help center for this specific kind of error and I haven't found anything related.

Does any one have any ideas what is causing this error? Is this something that is server-side and my profile is corrupted on their end? I've had my profile since it was restricted to college students only. I really do not want to have to deactivate this one and start over. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Answer

if your PC is saying it's under maintenance, that explains it - you just have to wait and try again later, assuming you didnt break the rules by creating more than one account

Get a new facebook account

I'm trying to get into facebook and it's telling me I need to Log In. So I log in with my password and it tells me Login Failed, sorry an unexpected error occurred. Please try again later. Error Code 6. Please help me figure this out!

The same thing is happening to my account right now! My brother logs on and it works then I log onto my account and it says error, same on my iPad and phone. I don't know what to doooooo!

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/ava7m

Server is down! No big deal, should be up soon! Hang in there! lol

Save your money to 50¢ and it will work

• Aaren

Delete Facebook app and download it again. and also reset your network setting.

Did you ever figure this out because I am getting it too