What position should I play in high school football?

I would like to know what position I should play in high school football. I'm two years away from going to high school but would like to know what position I should train for. Here are my stats

5'6

122 pounds

Skinny but muscular

Not too great stamina

Really fast

Ability to juke good

Really good balance

Smart

Hard to tackle even when piled on.

Thanks guys

Best Answer

You should ask the coach. He knows what talent and experience will be on the team and what needs the team has. Good luck....

In all honesty, your not heavy enough to be an FB. I think RB or TE would be good for you. the balance and speed that you claim are great advantages for these positions. RBs also don't need to be super tall. Some of the best RBs out there are 6'0 or under. You should still check with your coach because he will know more about your team than me, but I think you would be good as an RB or TE.

• Cu Tie

Based on your height and weight, as well as your speed, I believe that the best fit for you is at the wide receiver position. You have the ideal size for a high school wide receiver.

My best advice for you is to work hard and perform very well in practice every day. In addition, what you need to do this autumn (and every offseason) is eat healthy, exercise by doing weight lifting, and either jogging or going for a long run every day. If you do these things, you will get faster, stronger, and into better shape, which will greatly improve your chances of becoming a successful, top notch wide receiver in high school football, who could go on to play college football in the future.

Only way to find out is to play football at a recreation or something. You need some experience to play football. But saying your hard to tackle is kind of pushing it because it's alot different with pads on.

easy running back safety maybe QB if u got a good arm and a quick decision. and even cornerback but dont do wide reciever if ur not tall. and last what i really think u should do is drop that dream and go out and play soccer where theres less head injuries. or even a more of chart sport like taekwondo likeme

Source(s): im my source

FB (Bulk up) or RB because you are really fast in short burst and those positions do not require great endurance.