Nose piercing smaller?

I got my nose pierced about 5 weeks ago. It is bigger than I want it to be. How can I make the piercing smaller? Should I get the piercer to change it? What if the hole is too big for the small ring? I just want it smaller. I didn't want to get it pierced so big in the first place, but the piercer said it was better. I just don't know how to get it smaller. Thanks.

Favorite Answer

I've had a nose ring for about a year now and when a changed it to a different stud the new one was smaller than the original. A nose piercing heals very fast, so if you want it smaller I suggest you put the smaller one in and let it heal around it. But if you are going for dramatically smaller you should probably find one that's between the size you want and the size you have, then after it fully heals around that one switch to the size you want.

Source(s): My own nose ring
  • Rose

You should ask the person who pierced it if you got it done professionally, but I don't think the hole will be too big for a small one...just get a smaller ring...hope this helps! =]