Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesVisual ArtsPhotography · 7 years ago

What kind of Professional photography camera should I get?

My name is Desiree and I'm 18 and I've recently been interested in photography and I wanna know on what kinds of professional camera would be best for me. I'm not really looking for like a huge camera but like one I can take good pictures with instead of using my iPod camera which has really poor quality. Maybe like a starters one but not too expensive. Thanks!!

• DEAD
    Favorite Answer

Have you set a budget for a "Professional Photography Camera"? and Do you have any idea on what a "Professional" Cameras actually cost? Obviously you don't. "Professional" cameras tend to start usually around $4000 to $4500 that's just for the "Body Only" which means that "Body Only" doesn't even include Lenses which means that you would have to be spending so much more money on getting multiple lenses to go along with the Camera Body. Also you have to consider on getting many of the accessories for the "Professional Camera" such as

Camera Bag

Tripod

External Flash

Lens Cleaning Kit

Micro Fiber Cloth

Extra Batteries, Memory Cards

Card Reader

Filters

With all of the accessories and many different types of lenses you can be dumping nearly $10,000

As you had stated "Maybe like a starters one but not too expensive." which means you are no where near ready for a "Professional Camera" not even a long shot.

There is no such thing as a professional camera. There are cheap cameras and expensive ones, and everything in between. Digital cameras are so great today that U can spend a few hundred bucks and get a lot of quality. I shoot weddings and nature and a lot of other other stuff, and I do it all without name brand cameras. There is no way I am going to pay for a brand name (Kodak, Nikon, Cannon) when I get good service with a lesser known name. I am on my second Lumix and I love it. Paid $250 for my first one and $500 for this one. $200 for the extra lighting unit to do large horse shows and weddings. This camera is so fantastic. It is the photographer behind the lens that makes it a professional tool. Write to me if U want a model number.

Professional photographers require a level of customization, performance, and ruggedness that's at least a notch above what consumer d SLR provide. Compatibility with a broad range of accessories and studio equipment is also a must.

Canon rebel is about $500 new wih one lense, you would really be happy with this one

a full dslr only a bit more than a bridge camera

Just get a basic point and shoot for now. Nikon CooPix is supposed to the best out there currently.