Japanese vs. American Animation?

Do you think American animation industry has lost the game against Japan(anime)?

and also Japanese manga is more popular than American comics?

Favorite Answer

American animators are just as good as Japanese, better in some respects. Disney practically created the entire industry.

The problem is content, anime actually tries to make a real story and have interesting action scenes while American cartoons are mostly comedies.

That is changing, however, and Avatar: The Last Airbender is an excellent example of an American made cartoon with good action and story. At the same time, cartoons are considered child's materiel so the action will never get anywhere close to some anime.

As for comics, I wouldn't even know where to buy one. Although I suppose they might be found near the manga. The thing is, there really should be an American equivalent of Shonen Jump(Japan), weekly publishing chapters from ten different works for under three dollars.

• I hope you are aware that the creator of Avatar was influenced by Miyazaki Hayao a.k.a. the creator of ultimate Japanese animation, "Princess Mononoke" and "Spirited Away."

Anime Vs American Animation

I've grown up watching both and I like em both equally. I do enjoy Japanese anime more when it comes to storylines. Most American cartoons are made specifically for dumb children so it is hard to find one that has a good story. Most anime are more mature and also have different types of stories from American shows. They range from action, romance, sci-fi, mecha, fantasy, slice of life, school life, drama, cooking, music, action, adventure, sports, martial arts, and psychological, etc,.... When it comes to the animation, I like American better. Japanese anime is very well drawn, but not well animated. The characters are often too still, while american animation will have the characters moving and have some body language when they talk. But I do appreciate that anime keeps the lips only up and down, keeps the lip syncing from looking awkward when they get dubbed. But nothing can compare to the animation quality of the classic disney films, ahh so beautiful ^_^ But really it's hard to compare such different things. Even if something is less realistic or whatever it can still be a good and fun thing to watch.

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

Japanese vs. American Animation?

Source(s): japanese american animation: https://shortly.im/2UxRS

I used to think that cartoons (like Scooby Doo) were like everything.

But when I started anime (preschool), I knew right away that I was in love.

RIGHT NOW, after watching 5 Centimeters Per Second, I knew right away that Japanese animation would win American Animation ANY day.

I mean, the stories are more in depth whether it be more realistic or not.

There is the obvious theme/moral of the plot and there is the indirect and/or not-so-hard-to-see theme.

You can connect with the characters more and I find the OSTs to be very breathtaking...

I've watched anime and American cartoons my whole life, and I'll tell you, anime wins hands down. Not only does Japanese animation looks better in my opinion, I also think that the plot in each episode is much more deeper than in some American cartoon shows.

In the long run yes. America also doesn't make non foul adult animation which I love so I say Japan. However, my favorite movie is Lilo and Stitch and that's from America

• Shy

I like both. But it depends on the show. I watch more anime then I do anything else though. So for me its Japan.

that may be so, but they are very rich in account of superb merchandising and advertising. i mean, who dont know superman and batman and the hulk etc? but, though i am not sure, i do think most of the money go straight to the company, not the artist in account of those things are not their original creation.

I think Japan wins!