Which search engine do seniors prefer?

Is it Yahoo? Bing? Google? Is there a study? I'm doing a report for class and I need to focus on older age groups. I can't seem to find information more recent than 2005 that breaks down search engine preference by age. I am looking for some information that is at least from the past 3 years. Thank you!

I'm really looking for a study about searching behavior. Similar to the graph here: http://www.shimonsandler.com/search-engine-usage-b... but with more recent data points (that one is for 2005).

Thank you so much for the answers so far!

• Steve
    Favorite Answer

usually Yahoo -- on occasion google

I use for preference Google Chrome, but when we bought our GPS from Costco last week, when we did the downloading and formatting, they told us to use Internet Explorer cos that's what they use and couldn't give us directions via Google Chrome.

I like Chrome because the Home Page comes up with everything I regularly use, Yahoo, Gmail, Google Explorer, Youtube and so forth, right there on one page. And for information, nothing beats Google. I don't think I've ever had a search where I haven't found what I was looking for, answer-wise. Come to think of it, 90% of the Best Answer points I get are by using Google and Wikipedia and that's close to 40,000 points in three years since playing with yahoo q's and a's. I signed up in 2006 but never used it until 2009, so 3 years using is all.

Google.

Lona - I have not worn tights - but I do wear insulated long-john types of women's underwear to keep my legs warm. They wouldn't look very good with a skirt. Anything to keep our legs warm in the Winter. I do also wear leg warmers. I know what you mean - they/somebody knows every move we make - how and where we shop. I think it all started in the 90's - when we started using the value card at the grocery store. If we don't use them - we don't get the discount. I didn't like it then and I still don't like it. Everyone should get - the lower price without - the card recording what we buy. Sorry - I got off track a bit. DeeJay.

• Blank

I use Google and Yahoo. I like them both. I find the new Bing frustrating.

• ncgirl

Mozilla its a great search engine and much faster than Yahoo. I had Google Chrome and something happened to it- so for now I will stick to Mozilla :)

Good Luck with your work!

• Dave M

Use both Google & yahoo - use google chrome like it but been have a problem with loading the flash.

• Bob

I prefer Google, only because it's the one I started with. I really have no opinion about it or knowledge of the others.

Maybe it's an "old" thing..

Most often, it's Google followed by Yahoo.

Source(s): me

I used to always go to google, but I tried google chrome and got so made I mostly go to Bing now. :) If they make me mad they're dead meat. lol I still use google sometimes I guess. But Bing works great. I did try MSN, but they're results were NOT as good as google.

I mainly use Google Chrome. Sometimes if I don't get sufficient info there I will try Yahoo to see if I can get other results.