Mature Adults: What do you think about teens these days that party so much?

Ok, so I'm still a teen but I just want adult opinions..Why are teens so stupid when it comes to partying? Why do they automatically assume that a person has no life if they don't drink, smoke, or "party hard"? Why do they use stupid acronyms like "YOLO" to justify their dimwitted actions? Why do they not think about the potential harm they are doing to their bodies when they drink themselves to a stupor? Why do they smoke so much? Do they just want to give themselves lung cancer, liver damage, and premature wrinkles? Mature responses only, please. Thank you.

Thank you guys. I really appreciate the good answers :)

Favorite Answer

It's because they are naive, immature, and don't think like a mature adult would think. Many also think it's a lot of fun to do this stuff. I was young once and completely understand how they feel. They like hanging out with friends, hormones are in full throttle for socializing with the opposite sex and this is a good time in the eyes of many teens. It's completely understandable.

The smoking they do at that age and the drinking most likely will do no harm to them permanently since they are young and healthy and their bodies will recover. There are tragic accidents from sheer stupidity sometimes so it's always wise to be smart and not drink till you pass out from alcohol poisoning or drive drunk. That goes without saying. But they won't get lung cancer or wrinkles or liver damage from partying during those high school or college years. Those problems come from long term drinking and smoking. I'm talking about smoking and drinking for decades before it can cause permanent damage.

Every generation has it's own language like in the 60's, things were "groovy." Now it's "Yolo." Nothing new there. I don't think they are any different that when I was young. It's just another generation. I do think they are growing up in a different world with all the technology which is going to benefit them greatly but also takes something away in the simplicity of not having it. People had to communicate eye to eye and really talk to one another when I was growing up. This generation is missing out on that which is a little sad in my opinion. Teens today also have much more information than we ever did about using drugs and smoking. When I was young, smoking was much more acceptable and more people did it. Today it is banned just about everywhere and it's not the cool thing to do anymore like it was long ago.

You sound like a very serious teen that just isn't into all that partying which is fine. I suggest you just learn to be tolerant of all kinds of people in life and not be too judgmental. They are young and wild in their teens and will do lots of stupid things before they mature. It will happen as they grow older. I take that back. Some people never mature, but most of them will. They will have their fun and eventually settle down and become a responsible adult and probably fight with their own kids when they turn into teens about drinking or using drugs. Most of us adults will never admit to our own kids that when we were their age, we had some really good times hanging out with our friends and smoking some pot or drinking more than we should have because that's what was cool. We still can't hide the fact though that we still love that hard rock music of Aerosmith, Led Zepplin, ZZ top, Jimi Hendrix, etc. In my eyes, todays music just will never be as good.

They aren't doing anything previous generations didn't do. In fact probably doing less of it. We all lived through it and most of us don't have the maladies you describe. Someone (or the media) has made you afraid to enjoy your youth. Have fun and lighten up. That's not to say you should over do it, but this really is part of the growing up and life experience. Most of my friends and I had a pretty good time in our youth, and most rarely drink at all now---and drugs were left far behind. As for tobacco, some of us still smoke. But none of the people I know got lung cancer. Actually Viet Nam and car accidents have taken more of my generations lives.

Because kids are stupid. Well, not stupid, but naive. It's always been this way, so it's not like adults of today didn't have their bad apples when they were young, they just don't like to admit it. Today's generation may be worse off, though, the internet takes peer pressure and multiplies it by ten and creates the "if it feels good, I'm doing it" attitude that's so rampant today.

If you're not like that, don't force yourself to be, it's not worth it, and you'll regret it when you get older.

Whats up there... In case you like Judy Blume, defiantly read her ebook Tiger Eyes. It was once considered one of my favorite books at your age...I nonetheless have a duplicate suppose. Also..The Cat Ate My gymnasium swimsuit by way of Paula Danziger each books rise up very good to present times pleased reading.

They do it because all their friends do it.

Its called peer pressure.

Lots of teens are victims of this.

Most of them do not know about what kind of harm they are doing to their body and the others do it too look cool(witch it is not).

Hope it helped.

Leon

• GG

I think they all think being a teen means they can be stupid and wreckless instead of having fun but also preparing for life and a solid future. Many use being a teenage as a "get away" pass

• Marcia

the teens of today will eventually be in charge of the society and culture they are members of and their children will eventually rebel against the laws, rules and mores their parents set up until such time as they become old enough to grow up and become in charge of the culture and society. the adults are the ones who are to teach the younger generation how to become useful members of their culture and society in order for the society and culture to continue.

They are trying to fit in with a crowd and be accepted