Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Why Muslims deny that Jìhad is part of Islam even though they have volumes of books about it ?

and thousands of websites about it and even they teach it in their religious curriculum at schools

http://www.sunnipath.com/library/Hadith/H0002P0061...

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

It is easier to understand Islam if you know the history.

1700 B.C.: 'ALLA' GOD OF “THIS”

Researcher says Babylonian reference dates to 2 millennia before Muhammad

A research article posted on the website of terrorist-turned-Christian Walid Shoebat contends the oldest known references to the Islamic deity Allah are not in Arabian records but in Babylonian artifacts.

Ancient tablets describe “Alla” as a deity of “violence and revolution.”

“This link sheds new light since for many years we have been hearing various ideas on where Allah came from. Christian and Muslim scholars – as well as secular professors – presented numerous arguments on just who Allah really is,” wrote Ted Shoebat, the son of Walid Shoebat.

In his heavily footnoted project, he writes that historians have suggested Islam’s beginnings are found in the Persian religion Zoroastrianism, while others, including Christian writers, argue Allah was a moon-god in Babylon.

The new find, however, links the name to the Epic of Atrahasis, chiseled on tablets sometime around 1700 B.C. in Babylon.

Ted Shoebat said one of the early such references in the Epic of Atrahasis states: “Then Alla made his voice heard and spoke to the gods his brothers,’ Come! Let us carry Elil, the counselor of gods, the warrior from his dwelling.”

The younger Shoebat, whose first book was “In Satan’s Footsteps,” grew up in Northern California, where he witnessed Holocaust denial, anti-Semitism and anti-Zionism.

Ted Shoebat explained that no one had found any ancient pre-Islamic inscriptions that describe Allah being “worshiped purely, without idolatrous connotations.”

“The question remains as to why no expert on Assyriology or Sumerology had even suspected that ‘Alla’ had a connection with the Arabian ‘Allah,’” he wrote. “I checked the work of Thorkild Jacobsen, a foremost authority on Mesopotamian history and the dictionary of the translator, Stephanie Dally, and none make a connection between the Bablylonian ‘Alla’ and the Arabian ‘Allah.’

“Allah of the Babylonian Epic of Atrahasis was most likely kept hidden by researchers who feared controversy or even concealed the find,” he wrote. “In the epic Allah, which translators spelled ‘Alla’ (really pronounced the same way), was never even linked by any of the experts on Assyriology or any of the translators who wrote on the subject to the known Allah of Arabia and Islam.

“To those who accuse me of basing my conclusion, that Alla is Allah, on solely prejudice against Islam, I will present further evidence for my belief. It must be known to the reader that the author of the Atrahasis epic was one Ipiq-Aya who lived under the reign of the Old Babylonian king Ammi-Saduqa, and that he wrote it in the Akkadian language (the tongue of the Old Babylonian kingdom),” Ted Shoebat explained. “The ‘Akkadians’ it must be noted did not originally spring from Iraq, but had migrated from south Arabia, specifically Yemen, into Mesopotamia, where south Arabian inscriptions have been discovered, as in Kuwait on the Arab shores of the Persian gulf close to the borders of Iraq. The deities of Shamash (the Sun), and Ashdar/ Athtar (Venus) were both brought by the Akkadians from South Arabia into Mesopotamia.

He said it appears “Alla” “is an ancestral deity who was worshiped in Mesopotamia.” The writings from the time talk about Allah’s death, he explained.

“By the testimony of the Sumerians, it is clear that this Alla, or Tammuz, was once an infamous king of Erech, to only be deified by the superstitious masses of Mesopotamia.”

http://www.armageddonangelsufos.com/ Use IE, BING, MSN

• 9 years ago

No Muslim denies ‘Jihad’ but they deny the way you present it to malign Islam.

If you talk on a subject or Term you must know the real/ authentic meaning and purpose of the same. In Islamic terms Jihad means; to strive, to attempt, to move forward etc., but Jihad does not mean directly as Fight, Killing or aggression as your Judeo-Christian media try to impose on us!

Yes! Muslims came in Battle-fields with many nations on a call from Allah and his Prophet and attempted to kill and be killed for a definite cause of survival. Such fights and killings were also allowed in previous religions. So what is wrong if Muslims do the same things?

Hadith Book; Sahih Bukhari may give you a clear picture of many types of Jihads:

CH: 61- 2630. It is related that 'Abdullah ibn Mas'ud said, "I asked the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, 'Messenger of Allah, which action is best?' He replied, 'The prayer at its proper time.' I asked, 'Then what?' He answered, 'Then devotion to parents.' I asked, 'Then what?' He said, Jihad in the way of Allah.' Then I was silent and stopped asking the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, but if I had asked for more, he would have told me more."

Ch 61- 2632.> It is related that 'A'isha said, "Messenger of Allah, we see that jihad is the best action, so should we not do jihad?" He replied, "Rather the best jihad is an accepted hajj."

I don't think any Muslim would deny Jihad and the broadness of the terms.

Source(s): www.islamreligion.com
  • ?
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Jihad means struggle.

It is usually interpreted as the struggle within ones self to live a good life and accept allah within the laws of isalm.

Yes, extremists have taken it to mean "holy war"

But there are extremist christians in the US who are bent on their political movement to make the US become a "christian" nation.

• 9 years ago

I do not deny Jihad is part of Islam. I do not deny that Jihad is part of every Muslims life. Do you know what Jihad means? Probably not. Do you understand the endless myriad of things people can have in relation to Jihad? Probably not. Do you assume Jihad means war? Most probably.... *sighs*

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

It is not that they deny jihad is part of Islam, but rather, many deny that it means holy war and claim it only describes struggle.

But the 'struggle' described is related to persecution, and in Islam violence and murder is an acceptable way to deal with persecution. Even so called moderate Muslims reinforce this by justifying the murders Muhammad and his men carried out by stating that this was their reaction to persecution.

A good example is Medina. Muhammad and his men murdered the people of Medina, where Muhammad previously lived peacefully, simply for rejecting Muhammad's teachings of Islam. Many Muslims describe that he was persecuted, when rather it was just that Islam was rejected.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

No Muslim denies that Jihad is a part of Islam.

What we deny is what some of you Westerners inaccurately claim Jihad is.

Big difference.

• 9 years ago

Exactly, i get taught about it too and i think some muslims deny it because they don't know how to explain the fact that it's true. Sadly

• 9 years ago

Jihad means: Holy War!

Source(s): Notes
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]... but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and merciful. And fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah." The historical context of this passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact, the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they later did). The use of the word "persecution" by some Muslim translators is thus disingenuous (the actual Muslim words for persecution - "idtihad" - and oppression - a variation of "z-l-m" - do not appear in the verse). The actual Arabic comes from "fitna" which can mean disbelief, or the disorder that results from unbelief or temptation. Taken as a whole, the context makes clear that violence is being authorized until "religion is for Allah" - ie. unbelievers desist in their unbelief.

Quran (8:57) - "If thou comest on them in the war, deal with them so as to strike fear in those who are behind them, that haply they may remember."

Quran (8:59-60) - "And let not those who disbelieve suppose that they can outstrip (Allah's Purpose). Lo! they cannot escape. Make ready for them all thou canst of (armed) force and of horses tethered, that thereby ye may dismay the enemy of Allah and your enemy."

Quran (17:16) - "And when We wish to destroy a town, We send Our commandment to the people of it who lead easy lives, but they transgress therein; thus the word proves true against it, so We destroy it with utter destruction." Note that the crime is moral transgression, and the punishment is "utter destruction."

Tabari 9:69 "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us" The words of Muhammad, prophet of Islam.

Tabari 17:187 "'By God, our religion (din) from which we have departed is better and more correct than that which these people follow. Their religion does not stop them from shedding blood, terrifying the roads, and seizing properties.' And they returned to their former religion." The words of a group of Christians who had converted to Islam, but realized their error after being shocked by the violence and looting committed in the name of Allah. The price of their decision to return to a religion of peace was that the men were beheaded and the woman and children enslaved by the caliph Ali.

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 327: - “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’”

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 990: - Lest anyone think that cutting off someone's head while screaming 'Allah Akbar!' is a modern creation, here is an account of that very practice under Muhammad, who seems to approve.

Ibn Ishaq/Hisham 992: - "Fight everyone in the way of Allah and kill those who disbelieve in Allah." Muhammad's instructions to his men prior to a military raid.

Source(s):

Quran, Islam is a violent religion.What most people think is backwards it is the media that protects Islam's reputation by hiding the violent verses of the Quran. Leaving Islam is punishable by death, disrespecting Islam is punishable by death, being gay is punishable by death. This alone proves that Islam is a demonic religion

• 9 years ago

it prove that Muslims love their God

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.