txgrrl
txgrrl asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 7 years ago

What is the best gun for a female shooter?

I'm thinking about buying a gun for personal protection. I'm 32 and about 150lbs. I want something I can use if/when I get a conceal and carry license, and something that doesn't have too much "kick" since I don't have a ton of upper body strength. I assume I'll get more comfortable shooting if I practice more often. Any suggestions?

Also-- what are your thoughts about buying guns at pawn shops vs. new? I've heard that guns hold their value, so buying a used gun isn't that different in price from buying new. Is this true?

• DrZ
    Favorite Answer

Look into a .32 ACP. Most are small enough for a woman's hand and they don't kick like a mule.

I suggest a new weapon since you don't know about the treatment or care a used weapon received.

My wife carries a Baretta Tomcat. You can pick up a new one in the mid $300 range.

Semper Fidelis,

Z

**Edit**

Nova that is one of the most foolish responses I have seen. Things have changed since the 1800s.

I think you should start with a small, light kick handgun to get you more.. introduced. But DrZ probably has more experience with this seeing as how he named a specific gun for you :P

--Nova needs to learn what has happened in America the last few centuries

An airsoft gun. Leave the firearms to the men.