what are some fads of the year 2012?

Also popular songs, fashion, slang, what was in the news and personal higlights would be great :)

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Ginny
    Lv 4
    7 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Slang: The term "YOLO".

Music: Carly Rae Jepson's "Call Me Maybe"; Cher Lloyd's "Want U Back"; Demi Lovato's "Give Your Heart A Break"; Selena Gomez's "Love You Like A Love Song"; "Gangnam Style" by PSY just recently became a mega crazy hit, lol. One Direction really blew up and became famous in 2012.

Fashion: Well, girls really wore a LOT of crop-tops this year. And cross-body satchel bags were super in. And Toms became pretty popular with guys and girls in 2012. Moccasins were also pretty popular. Body-con skirts (just look them up) became WAY too popular in 2012.

News: Well...that's WAY too much to get into now! But I suppose the Olympics was a pretty big highlight of 2012, as was Princess Kate Middleton's wedding! Her wedding didn't happen in 2012 exactly, but she became famous as "the princess" in 2012, so. Also, if you consider the presidential elections a big highlight of 2012, then there you go!

That's all I can think of for now. You could probably Google "trends/fads of 2012 and find out more."

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.