How to Root a Android Smartphone?
2.3.5 Gingerbread OS on AT&T Fusion
Were do I download the GT-I9070-root.rar
- Anonymous8 years agoFavorite Answer
Ok this is the Method:
1. Download GT-I9070-root.rar, and extract it
2. From downloaded rar you just extracted run program Odin3 v1.83.exe
3. Then open Settings in your phone, go to Aplications -> Development and check USB Debugging and Allow mock locations. Both needs to be Checked (Selected).
4. Turn off phone and turn it back on into Download mode, like this press Volume Down + Home button + Power button, wait untill some "strange" screen appers, put in usb cable and choose continue.
5. Now wait until Odin recognize your phone. It can take a while first time, if you have problems search for samsung drivers on the internet,
6. Under PIT file browse for GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit, you have extracted this file before.
7. Under PDA choose rootkernel.tar.md5.
8. Then check what options are checked (Selected), be sure to UNCHECK (remove selction) Re-Partition, Flash Lock, Phone EFS Clear, Phone Bootloader Update! Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked (Selected)
9. When this is set just press Start and wait for phone to reboot.
10. Now repeat steps from 4 to 9, with one exception at step 7 now choose xxld1.tar.md5.
11. Download and install Superuser or SuperSU aplication from market and enjoy the rooted phone! And you must also download Busybox to install busyboxbinary. Or you can use Superoneclick, this tools push the Superuser aplication to /system/app and it installs busybox binary. Just search this tools on XDA.
now your phone is rooted.