How do I alert the press or a TV station about a hate crime? or any major media source to help my friend?

I have a friend whose cousin was attack for being gay, I just want to know if there is a way to get her message heard, here is her exact words

"Yesterday a 17 year old girl, who attends Lancaster High School, was beaten by a football player, named Kyle, on school grounds, for being gay. After receiving over a dozen blows to her jaw, head, eye and head, all he received was a 5 day suspension by the Lancaster School District. She suffered from multiple contusions to the jaw and multiple concussions to the head and the Deputy Sheriff advised her mother to re-think her wanting to file charges against the football player because her daughter pushed him back. The school ended up documenting "assault" charges on my cousin's school file, NOT the football players! To make things worse, the Deputy Sheriff warned her, by saying, "Just so you know, if you file charges against him, I'm taking his side." the aunt and mother are attempting to raise awareness and bring this story to light because Lancaster High School is trying to sweep this "Hate Crime" under the rug! Please share to everyone you know. #followthegroup

(Monica Curry VS. Kyle Maine Eddy )" Also this all took place in a town called lancaster california, and I know for sure the local TV stations are not going to help that much because our local TV station hardly gets any viewers

Favorite Answer

Look at all the scumbag white knights in here defending the assailant! I CANT BELIEVE THIS.

Start a facebook page. Title it "Punish Kyle Maine Eddy" or something similar. Spread the word! This story already has 15,000 reblogs on tumblr. Facebook can take it even further. Get on the social networking train. This ASSHOLE needs to rot in ******* prison, as do the rest of the people facilitating the assault.

Ladies and gents. You all need to calm down and shut up.

40 people witnessed the incident. None have supported the girl's story. The girl has a small cut on her lip. No broken jaw, no concussion, no bloody pulp face. She shoved him, hard enough to nearly send him over a railing to a floor below. He retaliated by hitting back. Both were wrong. Both have been suspended from school. No arrests will be made. The girl and her mother were at the sheriff's station after the incident, the mother was shown all of the evidence and statements and is not pursuing the matter. The facebook postings you are seeing are from people claiming to be aunts and cousins of the girl, they appear instead to be from trouble makers looking to stir up trouble. Judging from your responses, they are succeeding.

Here are some facts you need to know:

The girl in fact threw the first punch in what had simply been a vocal dispute.

The girl is 17. The boy she attacked is 14. He is three -years younger than her. He is on the junior varsity team, not the varsity.

The girl is taller and outweighs the boy by at least 25 pounds.

Admit it, you all saw "girl" and "football player" and assumed she was a tiny little 100-pound waif while he was a 250-pound steroid-enraged hulk, didn't you?

You have made assumptions. And you know what they say about those who assume.

And yahoo needs to get the names of both of these minors off of the original post now. The boy has been threatened with physical violence. This is the only place I know of that has his full name listed. Is Josh A. trying to get this kid killed? If something does happen now, Josh A. can be held accountable as he is the only person I can find naming names.

Now, this matter has been thoroughly investigated by the deputies and the local media. There is no hate crime here. Just another fight at school. It has been dealt with. Move on.

Source(s): I am a reporter for a Lancaster-area media organization.

What a mess!

Point 1. Boy Hitting Girl

Let's decide which moral framework we are using here. The feminist model is that we are equals and should be treated equally in all respects. If you subscribe to this model then you can't take issue with the the fact that a boy hit a girl, since gender is irrelevant. The old world/chivalry model is that the female gender is a weaker gender, and therefore, should be given special consideration. If you subscribe to this model then you have to take into consideration whether gender confusion was possible. The girl dresses and behaves according the traditional masculine stereotype (fair or unfair), is several years older and is larger than the boy. Gender confusion is certainly a possibility and eye witness testimony seem to give this argument strength.

Point 2. Self Defense v. Aggression

According to official account the female was the aggressor. The male responds with equal (or greater depending on some opinions) force and the conflict is broken up. The female is at fault for initiating the conflict and the male is at fault for allowing it to continue, or would be, had there not been an a second female who was also acting in a violent way towards the male. Given the intensity of the situation and the fact that two people were attacking one, and initiated the conflict, its hard to argue the male was not acting in self defense.

Point 3. Hate Motivation

There is little evidence to support the incident was motivated by intolerance of the female's life-style choice. In fact, the official reason given for the altercation was the female's girlfriend cutting in the lunch line, being called out for it, and the female rushing to defend the (dis)honor of her girlfriend. Perhaps some actual evidence will come out to support this theory. Until then, it is completely unfounded. At this point the inclusion of the fact the the female was gay and the male was a football player (JV) seems to be for the sole purpose of adding emotion to the argument, and rather effectively by the looks of it.

Given the information I have from the most official sources of information it can only be concluded that the female's family has a skewed perception of reality, or they have a clear perception of reality but see an opportunity to make a sizable amount of money through litigation. Taking advantage of several pop-culture/political issues (gay rights, bullying, social media) the family of the female is providing a very interesting case study in mob mentality, hysteria, viral content, and emotional manipulation, but ultimately, any litigation will fail given the current evidence.

There are plenty of actual cases of hate crimes that need publicity and action. Unfortunately, this incident and those allowing themselves to be swept up in it without any critical thought are taking away from legitimate issues in the LGBT community. That is the real tragedy here.

Source(s): avtimes, sheriff's department, logic

I've already looked this story up, and according to the police report, it was a fight at school, not a hate crime. The local news isn't going to care about it. There is always, of course, the possibility that it was covered up for the specific purpose of not being covered by the news.

HOWEVER, if you can get enough eyewitness account to report that it was indeed a hate crime and that the girl did not push him first, then you may be able to spark up some controversy. That may or may not get them interested.

On the topic of the actual story, the thing that's very disturbing (whether it's true or not) is the fact that everyone is buzzing, "He beat up a GIRL!" and even worse "He didn't know it was a girl!" So if it had been a guy, that would've made it okay? It would've made it less horrifying? Even the fact that people consider it worse because it's a girl is positively sad.

1) This story is getting spun way out of wack.

2) Why is her age mentioned but the boys age not? Maybe because he is only 15.

3) There is no reason why she should be mentioned as a 'lesbian' and he should be mentioned as a 'football player'. Totally irrelevant to the story unless you are judging and assuming yourself.

4) Read the story which has multiple witnesses. There might be a reason why everyone that was present at the event is on the little boys side.

5) Yes, a boy should never hit a girl... EVER! But in this case, where he didn't know she was a girl and where the girl had no right to push him in the first place, he was right. SELF DEFENSE!

http://www.theavtimes.com/2012/09/27/sheriffs-depa...

Source(s): Always 2 sides to every story... http://www.theavtimes.com/2012/09/27/sheriffs-depa...

Let's change the story. Young teen 17 was beaten at a Lancaster high school on school property. After receiving more than a dozen blows to the Head and face area that resulted in multiple contusions to said area along with a broken jaw. The other teen did not suffer any injuries. The teen that did the beating said that the other teen instigated to altercation because the beating teen made a comment about a girl.

So now it's not about sex or orientation. STILL SO WRONG. We have got to find a better way to resolve conflict. Period. Both should b required to take some kind of anger management class and serve a stint of community service.EVERYONE that stood by and watched should also b held to some higher standard.

As to the issue of "how hard her life will be", peaceful people illicit peaceful lives. As for the size of the player, if you r a strong person then you need to yield your strength for good and learn how to control yourself. It passed the point of "self defense" after the first real blow.

I'm sadden by all of this but it could surely be a learning experience for everyone to find a better way to handle differences.

Source(s): Life

After doing some internet research, the only place this "story" has appeared is on Facebook. The one place I found it that wasn't Facebook says it was first posted on Facebook (www.theavtimes) and they put it on their website 2 days ago. Every time it has been posted it has been with the very same verbiage. Then someone added to the story that it would be reported on the local CBS station news the next morning and removed the "Also this all took place in a town called Lancaster, CA..." sentence. It hasn't appeared in the news anywhere in the country--newspaper, TV, or internet news stories. It has only been shared via Facebook or reposted on sites like this. A story this vile, if it were true, would be plastered all over the news and yet it's not. IMO this is not a real incident but it certainly has people talking.

I did my research and I've called up a local news office in Lancaster, California. To see if this was real. Well like I said it was bullshit. Okay, so what happened was a 17 year old lesbian female, who looked like a guy, started messing with this 14 year old boy, he weighted 20 pounds less than her. And then the 17 year old pushed the boy and her girlfriend started helping her fight this boy, The two female girls were attacking the boy. They all got a 5 day suspension. The 17 year female WAS NOT HURT AT ALL. NEVER GOT A MARKED ON HER. These are the facts, this WASN'T A HATE CRIME. I've actually contacted the news reports myself via Phone. She'll be posting the report later on @ http://www.avnewstodayonline.com/ Please remember these are lies.

Source(s): http://www.avnewstodayonline.com/ Also I called them, YOU CAN CALL THEM YOUR SELF IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE IT

The Nevada officer has a point. Yes, he started it but he took it too far. If she had died it would have been manslaughter. I know a man who was stabbed in the arm while sitting in a vehicle and hit the guy when he got out because he kept trying to stab him. The officers said he used too much force and received an assault charge. This boy (football player or not) crossed a line and the girl should get punished too for initiating the altercation. However, if its true that he was using derogatory terms to her in the hallways than he knew she was a girl which makes it seem that he could have been embarrassed from being swung at by a girl. There seems to be more missing info here than anyone wants I tell. No one wants their friend (either party) to be in serious trouble. A guy should not hit a girl, but a girl shoul not hit a guy either.

PICs or it didn't happen! In all seriousness...I too have short hair and get mistaken for a guy all the time. I get called sir, and all that ****..and I am gay. When they find out I'm not a sir..they say sorry and go about their ways. I doubt this guy didn't notice at all that she was not a he....BUT like I said...PICTURES OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN. If this person can send you pictures along with their story...and you can post them here or how bad her face apparently is.. then maybe more people will believe this. IF this is true...I can't say that I wouldn't blame them both..but he didn't have to go as far as he did. IF this is not true...which I personally think it's just gotten way to blown out of proportion cuz I don't see enough proof..then people need to drop this and give up. Fights happen in high school all the time. I got bullied all through school. Nothing new. So like I said...post some proof up..until then nobody will believe you. It's just common sense to know you people will get a lot of random peoples comments talking **** or pretending to be a witness. I just don't understand why a 17 year old would start **** with a 14 year old boy just for saying her GF was cute. Take it as a compliment from an immature 14 year old, who prolly still hides his porn from mommy and daddy, and don't shove the kid. AND if she were bigger than him, and she still started ****, she should be ashamed. I doubt this got escalated as far as people say it did, but then again..weirder and worse **** has happened. This is not a hate crime by any means if he thought she was another male. It's not anyway in general cuz he was defending himself. He didn't go.."Uh oh better hit them back after they hit me first just cuz they're gay!" I mean..come on ppl. Get a brain. Kids fight...it's what they do. Wanna blame anybody here...blame the parents for teaching their daughter to start **** cuz of some stupid words, and his parents for not teaching him to just walk away from a fight even if someone else started it.

Source(s): Bullied for being gay and looking like a boy since 3rd grade and up til now and I bet for the rest of my life.

It doesn’t matter if he was a guy or girl, or gay or straight. Honestly this is what is wrong with our future generations, we think violence solves everything and clearly it doesn’t. Although I haven’t heard the whole story I have a quick overview and my first reaction to the whole mess is why would the football player continue fighting. Actually why would he fight to begin with?! I understand if she threw the first hits but couldn’t he be more mature and back off, or vice versa. But I mainly point my finger to the football player because he should have some sort of maturity or morals because he represents the school, not only by assisting the school but he plays for them. I also want to point out that the “witnesses” are also little bit stupid for the stopping the fight.

I mean come on! You see someone getting “beat up” and you just watch?! What is wrong with you?! And now those witnesses feel so important to come online to say something so stupid like, “oh it was his/her fault.” Why didn’t those witnesses stop the fight!

Oh! Last but not least those people who post “free kyle it wasn’t his f*** fault” AND ETC, you guys sound so immature ad uneducated so STOP being so stupid . #theend

Rizon.jessica@yahoo.com