How do I alert the press or a TV station about a hate crime? or any major media source to help my friend?

I have a friend whose cousin was attack for being gay, I just want to know if there is a way to get her message heard, here is her exact words "Yesterday a 17 year old girl, who attends Lancaster High School, was beaten by a football player, named Kyle, on school grounds, for being gay. After receiving over... show more I have a friend whose cousin was attack for being gay, I just want to know if there is a way to get her message heard, here is her exact words
"Yesterday a 17 year old girl, who attends Lancaster High School, was beaten by a football player, named Kyle, on school grounds, for being gay. After receiving over a dozen blows to her jaw, head, eye and head, all he received was a 5 day suspension by the Lancaster School District. She suffered from multiple contusions to the jaw and multiple concussions to the head and the Deputy Sheriff advised her mother to re-think her wanting to file charges against the football player because her daughter pushed him back. The school ended up documenting "assault" charges on my cousin's school file, NOT the football players! To make things worse, the Deputy Sheriff warned her, by saying, "Just so you know, if you file charges against him, I'm taking his side." the aunt and mother are attempting to raise awareness and bring this story to light because Lancaster High School is trying to sweep this "Hate Crime" under the rug! Please share to everyone you know. #followthegroup

(Monica Curry VS. Kyle Maine Eddy )" Also this all took place in a town called lancaster california, and I know for sure the local TV stations are not going to help that much because our local TV station hardly gets any viewers