How to connect/sync iOS6 iPhone if my computer is too old to download the newest iTunes (10.7)?

I recently just got an iPhone 4s. I'm good with apple stuff, I had an Iphone 4 just before this. But now, if I want to put songs on my iPhone 4s, as soon as I plug it in to my comp, it says that I have to download the latest version of iTunes in order to connect my phone (which is on iOS 6) with iTunes - so I... show more I recently just got an iPhone 4s. I'm good with apple stuff, I had an Iphone 4 just before this. But now, if I want to put songs on my iPhone 4s, as soon as I plug it in to my comp, it says that I have to download the latest version of iTunes in order to connect my phone (which is on iOS 6) with iTunes - so I tried to download the latest version of iTunes (10.7) , but realized that I can not install it because in order to install it, you need a mac that's at least OS X 10.6.8 ... but my computer is only version 10.5.8.

So, basically:
computer a little old - can't download new iTunes - can't sync/connect phone :(

Anybody know any ways to get around this somehow so I can connect my iOS 6 Iphone 4s to my computer like you normally do for music and photos (without having to buy a new computer?)

I think maybe if I get my iPhone 4s to be on iOS 5 again, I can use my current, outdated iTunes - but I don' really want to do that, and I don't know how I'd "uninstall" the iOS 6 software update.