Are one-nighters, for women, typically driven by low self-esteem?

The general consensus of a survey of men regarding their satisfaction of one nighters was that the sex generally wasn't fulfilling but there was a lot of it.

If this is the case for the men, what more could be the case for the women, given their batteries take longer to charge and the men are engaging sex for their own pleasure not that of the women.

And ladies, don't tell me its bc you're drunk or stoned--you get that way to make the process easier not the other way round. Now sober, can you face that you simply wanted attention? But now you've got herpes. And a fck trophy that your parents will raise while you seek more attention. Just face the fact that you're ugly inside or out. It could be permanent, yes.

Favorite Answer

When it comes to one-nighters, men and women are poles apart as far as their goals, motivations, and expectations are concerned.

As you said, most men who look for one-night stands are in it for the sex - and they usually have no qualms about admitting to it.

On the other hand, women who seek one-night stands, go to bed with the false impression of flattery and a craving for feeling desirable. It's more than the conquest - it's the gooey, self-aggrandizing feeling of knowing that a man has found them desirable.

Beyond that, what motivates women into going for one-nighters over and over?

They could be collecting healthy genes for their offspring. So even if a woman can't score a lengthy relationship with a guy whose sperm could offer, say, disease-resistant genes or genes for a particular kind of intelligence, her thinking might be, "Why not grab the guy for sex?"

"If you've got a Brad Pitt character - absolutely gorgeous and incredibly loaded with money and so on - the chances of getting him to commit himself to you for the rest of your life are pretty slim," Campbell said. "But the chances of him giving you a half an hour on a Wednesday afternoon in a hotel are probably much better."

http://www.livescience.com/2678-realities-night-st...

• Erika

Ahhh, i presumed I misunderstood your question yet i think of i'm getting it now ("Is it undesirable to be a sturdy guy....?") I tink it somewhat is a stretch nonetheless to make a cleaim that because of the fact a undeniable guy the two likes to break the regulations or do the stuff that he's have been given unfavorable self-properly worth. you're questioning why women now and returned fall for the undesirable boys or rebels? perhaps because of the fact for the time of their formative years they have been instructed the two rapidly from their kinfolk or in a roundabout way by ability of society as to what a sturdy, ethical woman develop into meant to do be like and mirror.. Ever been with a "undesirable" woman? Youl could try it, it particularly is exciting, it particularly is an journey...

I think it depends on the culture and sub culture the woman comes from. Some women are genuinely sexually liberated and have one night stands because they enjoy sex, and some women have them for the reasons that you stated. and I can raise my own fck trophy thank you very much, I just leave him with my parents when I have a painful herpes outbreak.

I used to love the gay scene in my twenties because of its easygoing attitude to one night stands and no-strings flings

There is a confusion in the hetero world re casual sexual encounters.

Some people who enjoy casual sex have very high self esteem otherwise they wouldn't have the confidence to do it.

It's not a cut and dried gender issue either.

Or they just want to have sex. Sex is a very personal thing and definitely isn't as enjoyable when it's with a random person that you don't know and love.

Typically driven by horniness.

Yeeeah...that's about the gist of it.

Um, no. Why does sex have to have some kind of deep motivation for women... they just want to get laid.

curiosity, impaired judgement due to alcohol, lust, trying to see how many men they can get..