Info on HUD vs. FHA loan?

From someone experienced with these, what are the major differences between the two? Which is a better option for someone with poor credit as of 2 years ago, but taking steps to improve their credit? For HUD, are there only certain homes that can be purchased? I really know nothing about these two things and would... show more From someone experienced with these, what are the major differences between the two? Which is a better option for someone with poor credit as of 2 years ago, but taking steps to improve their credit? For HUD, are there only certain homes that can be purchased?
I really know nothing about these two things and would appreciate if someone could give some of the important information about them.
Would I be able to meet with my local housing authority office to discuss both HUD & FHA, or are these completely different things?
Sorry for my obvious lack of knowledge, never been in this boat before.
0