can a girl after marriage not change her surname?

Can a girl keep her surname after marriage?

secondly can she keep both names that is her family surname and the new surname she got after marriage?

Favorite Answer

Yes you certainly can keep your maiden name when you get married, it is all up to you as to what name you are known by whether you are married or not. And you can also have your maiden name and husbands last name with your name. e.g if my name was Joanne Rose Taylor and my fiance name was John Ray Smith, I can choose to keep my maiden name (Taylor), change my maiden name (Taylor) to Smith or I can choose to be named Joanne Rose Taylor Smith. :) In the end it is all up to you. :) If you are finding out for yourself as you are due to get married then congratulations and I wish you well in the future :)

Source(s): Newly married 3 months ago and went through all this with the celebrant