My washing machine smells musty and damp...?

we recently moved house and the washing machine smells damp after use. I always leave the door open after use to let it dry out. Is there something I can use to get rid of this musty smell. I live in the UK.

Favorite Answer

I'm assuming it's a front load? Put 1 cup vinegar in 2 liters of water. Use that and a rag to clean the front door seal, making sure you get behind it and inside all the folds. This should be done about once a month. Now put 2 cups of vinegar inside the tub, shut the door and run a quick wash. Keeping the door open a bit when not in use is an excellent idea. It will help keep the washer from getting stanky again.

Source(s): 15 years in appliance sales and service

Pour some bleach in the machine without clothes and turn on usng small load of water Good luck

Vinegar, bleach or a washing machine cleaner.

I do not know if you have the washing machine cleaner there or not we have them here in the us and theyre made by tide

I had the same problem. Bleach didn't work for me. Tide sells washing machine cleaner, that's what we do once a month.

Id pour some baking soda and vinegar in during a cycle...with no clothes in it