Any cheap dental insurance plans?

I'm a college student and I'm poor as hell. I need my wisdom teeth out and it's so expensive. I would like insurance anyway for checkups. I'm willing to pay 15-45$ a month. All I need is something to cover wisdom teeth extraction (or pay for a good % of it) and caity fillings just in case. Is there even anythin out there as cheap as this?

Favorite Answer

Nope. Dental insurance is designed to not pay out more than it costs, because most people who buy it, want to pay a small amount, submit a large amount of claims, and then cancel the policy.

You'll have to wait a full year before anything big is covered; there's an annual limit to how MUCH is covered, usually $750 or $1,000 for individual policies, AND, there's also a coinsurance clause - usually 50% for wisdom teeth.

So, my son had his four wisdom teeth out, and we had $1500 of dental coverage for him. We STILL paid $1400 on top of his limit maxing out.

Your best bet, will be to see if you can get into a dental school. It will probably STILL run you around $500 or $600, but that's 25% of retail, so it's a GREAT DEAL.

What you are looking for, doesn't exist. Any kind of dental coverage, could have a wait period earlier than it covers work. And, it handiest covers a percentage of the work, not the whole amount. That is considering the only folks that need to buy dental insurance like that, immediately, need it to file a declare, after which cancel it. The dental coverage organizations have that discovered. You're in most cases better off discovering a local dental tuition near you. You'll be able to nonetheless need to pay - but it is going to be lots much less.

• Zarnev

It's doubtful you have enough time to wait. Dental insurance will have waiting periods of up to 24 months for full benefits, and the % they'll cover will be limited to 40 to 60 plus you'll have an annual maximum of $750 to $3000 depending on the plan. As mentioned above a dental school may be a good option for you. The cost will still be at least 50% of what you local dentist charges but you won't have a waiting period. You can find the nearest school here: http://www.yourhealthplanadvisor.com/Dentalschools...

Source(s): Independent Ägent
  • ?

I would recommend that you visit this web site where you can get rates from different companies: http://insurancecomparequotes.us/index.html?src=2Y...

RE :Any cheap dental insurance plans?

1 following 3 answers

Dental Insurance Never been cheap. Try dental plans, it will more cost effective and more reliable in terms of treatment.