Hyperextended knee or knee ligament tear?

About 2 weeks ago I was playing football and jumped to catch a pass and when I came down I saw my knee flex backwards almost like a C and I fell forward on top of it. I felt a pop and severe pain immediately and my left leg went numb. My knee swelled up some but after ice and staying off of it for a few hours... show more About 2 weeks ago I was playing football and jumped to catch a pass and when I came down I saw my knee flex backwards almost like a C and I fell forward on top of it.

I felt a pop and severe pain immediately and my left leg went numb. My knee swelled up some but after ice and staying off of it for a few hours I was able to very gingerly walk. Placing steady weight on it is painful. I still have pain and stiffness of the knee and sharp sensations along the right front of my knee and the back. My knee also pops and it feels like I can move it from side to side along the top of my leg bone. Like nothing is holding it together. It is unstable and tries to flex backwards constantly if I am standing or jumping or any sudden motion. My knee also feels extremely tight all of the time.

I tried to play baseball as I assumed nothing was wrong and that was a mistake. I went to swing and turn my legs and hips and pain started instantly. I have done something like this before and ended up tearing my MCL and meniscus.

Does anyone have any insight on what my possible injury is? Hyperextended knee perhaps?