promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Are you allowed to get tattoos against the bible if you get a cross?

Are you allowed to get tattoos against the bible if you get a christian cross?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Significantly, the Mosaic Law forbade God’s people to tattoo themselves. Said Leviticus 19:28: “You must not make cuts in your flesh for a deceased soul, and you must not put tattoo marking upon yourselves. I am Jehovah.” Pagan worshipers, such as the Egyptians, tattooed the names or symbols of their deities on their breast or arms. By complying with Jehovah’s ban on tattoo markings, the Israelites would stand out as different from other nations.—Deuteronomy 14:1, 2.

While Christians today are not under the Law of Moses, the prohibition it laid on tattooing is sobering. (Ephesians 2:15; Colossians 2:14, 15) If you are a Christian, you would certainly not want to make markings on your body—even temporarily—that smack of paganism or false worship.—2 Corinthians 6:15-18.

If you really want the cross tattoo, please read the article referenced below, so that you understand what the cross actually represents.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 years ago

Dont insult his intelligence. He knows you just wanted the tattoo, not the cross.

Its like saying, is graffiti ok as long I draw a tree?

• Keith
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

tattoos are forbidden...but then again so is eating shellfish yet i don't see that putting a dent in the sunday crowd lining up for a table at red lobster.

you're also not allowed to perform labor on the sabbath, yet christians regularly shop at walmart during the sabbath.

really doesn't matter, selective morality will continue to rule over the bible as our society progresses, thankfully. if you are going to choose that one passage, why not practice stoning and witch burning? get the tattoo, express yourself.

• 8 years ago

Most Christians don't follow a lot of other sh*t from the old testament so why not?? I bet you've done something active on a Sunday, or eaten pork and you dont seem to have been struck by lightning yet...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 5
    8 years ago

Tattoos sound like they would be painful, and I would also question whether some of the tattoo pigment could also have some lead content.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tattoo_medical_issues...

• 8 years ago

No. Tatoos are against deciency. Why mark up your body? Actually, it is not your body, it is bought with a great price and you do not own it. You only live in it for awhile. It does not allow anyone the privilege to do such a thing on his own.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

According to new testament grace you could get any tattoo you wanted, but why?

• 8 years ago

Huh?

• 8 years ago

Can't you think of something more original?

• j p
    Lv 6
    8 years ago

If God wanted you to have ink on your skin he would've put it there.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.