What do you think about online friendships and stuff?

I keep seeing these questions here about people saying how they like this person they've never even met before. All they did was message on facebook or text. I think it's stupid, but that's just my opinion. It seems so fakeeee and how can you like someone you've never even met before????! Make a... show more I keep seeing these questions here about people saying how they like this person they've never even met before. All they did was message on facebook or text.

I think it's stupid, but that's just my opinion. It seems so fakeeee and how can you like someone you've never even met before????! Make a real friend or boyfriend in REAL life. The person you could be talking to could be a creep ya know. But whats your opinion?
Update: @mintyf I'm not even talking about looks, at all. People could put pictures of themselves online so I have no real care for that. I'm also not talking about touchy touchy stuff just like it's different to talk to someone face to face than type on a computer screen. And you make a better connection... show more @mintyf

I'm not even talking about looks, at all. People could put pictures of themselves online so I have no real care for that. I'm also not talking about touchy touchy stuff just like it's different to talk to someone face to face than type on a computer screen.
And you make a better connection with someone in real life, in my opinion, by seeing what they're really like (not looks, but the way they behave and react on something)