Can someone tell me what kind of snake this is?

My son picked up an old dog bed by our steps and found a snake. It is a baby snake about 10 inches long. It's body is brown and has a black line going down it's back and turning into black spotted like bands angling like this (\) looking from the head down and then back solid again then it stops and... show more My son picked up an old dog bed by our steps and found a snake. It is a baby snake about 10 inches long. It's body is brown and has a black line going down it's back and turning into black spotted like bands angling like this (\) looking from the head down and then back solid again then it stops and looks like 2 dots on each side of the top of it's back and then solid again. They seem to fade turning more of a solid brown about the last 2-4 inches from the tail. The belly is white. It acted aggressive trying to strike. I found a picture that looks similar called hypomelanistic Florida water snake. The only difference is this one looks a little smaller and has more detail on the back. Any idea what kind this may be? I live in Northwest Alabama. Fayette County to be exact.
Update: Correction: It has the black band running down it's back after a closer look. From the neck to the tail. It just gets smaller as it goes down and has a triangle shape like head. Top of it's head is kinda smooth scaled.