Lied to my parents about graduation date. Will it affect taxes, insurance, etc?

I lied to my parents and told them I will be graduating next spring when in reality I will not be graduating until after a year. But I do plan on catching up with my credits and graduating for sure. I messed in academics 2 years in a row and I am paying the price for it. I am now motivated to do better and I have a... show more I lied to my parents and told them I will be graduating next spring when in reality I will not be graduating until after a year. But I do plan on catching up with my credits and graduating for sure. I messed in academics 2 years in a row and I am paying the price for it. I am now motivated to do better and I have a job to support myself and help me pay for school.

My concern is will my lies affect taxes, insurance and stuff? Because I did not have a job before this and I was always filed in as dependent. If so, how? How can I not let this affect taxes? What about insurance? I'm covered by my mom's medical insurance. How can I keep my grad lie as far from my parents as possible?

I am doing the best I can right now. I just need another year for me to prove that I am capable to achieving something good in life.
Update: I am 21 years old.