I have ringing in the ears(tinnitus), how bad would it be for me to go to a metal/rock concert?

or like warped tour.

should I just not go? I dont want to make if worse.

will ear plugs help if it's really loud?

• Erik
    Favorite Answer

It'll be fine as long as you're wearing Ear Plugs. Sucks but once your hearing goes, its gone. They make different grades of hearing protection, but the little yellow ones work well. Your friends may tease you, but when they go deaf, you'll be the one laughing.

2

Source(s): BREAKTHROUGH in Tinnitus Research http://Trust.TreatmentTinnitus.xyz/oTAQO7

I guess it would have to be the infamous Rolling Stones concert at Altamont. Although the music was great all day, as it got dark the mood went south- the Hells Angels (concert security) clashed repeatedly with the crowd at the front of the stage, causing repeated interruptions in the performances. By the time the Stones came on the situation was pretty frenzied; every few minutes we had to back up several feet as the Angels waded into the crowd swinging pool cues, then we'd all move back up until the next incident. We found out the next day that a kid (17 yrs old) from my high school had been killed. From a musical standpoint, it was excellent, but as an experience it was very unpleasant.

• Amy

You'd definitely be putting your hearing at risk. If you really wanted to go, take ear plugs. But, then again, the whole point of a concert is to listen to music, and if you have ear plugs how can you fully enjoy a concert? But that's just my two cents.

I'm really sorry that you have Tinnitus :/ Maybe a friend could video tape some of the concert for you (the audio would be diluted, and wouldn't be as loud).

Be safe and wait. In the future, get concert earplugs. Plenty to choose from. You will hear everything fine and save some grief.

Have you ever used Tinnitus Miracle strategy? Move on this site : http://TinnitusGoGo.com/ . This can surely teach people!

i have ringing ears too and i go all the time. idk maybe im putting my hearing at risk but it doesnt like hurt your ears or anything