American Apparel Resume?

I'm applying for American Apparel and they're asking for a resume and I honestly have no idea what to put on it for experience. What can I put on it to make it look interesting.I haven't had any previous jobs or anything. I'm 16 and I just want a job to have my own money and buy clothes. lol I've heard they're their employees get hired based on looks. I don't know if that's true or not.

Favorite Answer

They do want, specifically at the interview, you wearing American Apparel look meaning their clothes. I would concentrate, based on reviews, on i.e. love of fashion and beauty,, state you provide guidance to friends on styles that are most becoming to their shape and coloring, tell them what fashion magazines you read, love helping others to find the perfect outfit or discover new accessories, etc. Below are interviews shared by people who applied at American Apparel.

Interview Details –They look for a friendly personality and knowledge about the company and where the brand is headed. You do have to dress the part, don't show up with 80's gear.They do typically take pictures of your face and outfit you are wearing. After the interview she had to take a picture of me so we went outside and she took two pictures, one of just my face and one of my whole body.Therefore looks, style and personality are important.

Sales Associate at American Apparel Accepted Offer – Interviewed in New York, NY Jul 2012– Interview Details –I went to an open call, the line was ridiculously long. When it was finally my turn, they sat me down and asked me a couple of questions. The questions were typical questions such as, why do you want to work here and what do you think of the brand's style, etc. It was fairly easy questions and the interview was short since there were a lot of people to go through. The next day they contacted me for a second interview, and it was then that I got hired.

Interview Questions

• What do you think of the American Apparel style? ,• Why do you want to work in American Apparel? ,• What is your availability?

Sales Associate at American Apparel Accepted Offer – Interviewed in Philadelphia, PA Aug 2012– Interview Details –Found out they were hiring from a craigslist ad and went to apply since i love the clothes so much.Went to the open call dressed in all AA. The manager made note of that. Two days later i was called for a follow-up. I met the district manager, she told me more about the position and dress code.

Two days following that i was offered the job.

Interview Questions- • What my availability is? • How many years in retail experience do i have?

• So tell me about yourself?What is your favorite item from American Apparel?

Sales Associate at American Apparel Accepted Offer – Interviewed in Los Angeles,

Interview Details –I went to the open call around 15 minutes after it begin and there were already 20 or so people there. The girls working there started calling people in in groups of 2 or 3, I was called in with 1 other girl. The girl interviewing us said that it would be a basic interview and if they were interested they would call and ask you to come in for a more in depth interview. She begin asking the questions which were as follows: what's your availability? What do you like american apparel/why do you want to work here? Do you want to work part time or full time? Are you open to seasonal work? What stores are you open to working at? Overall I would say it was pretty easy. Unlike what I've read online, they did not take pictures of our faces or of our outfits, so although I think it's important to present yourself with your sense of style showing through and preferably in their clothes.

Interview Questions

• What's your availability? • Why do you want to work here/What do you like about American Apparel? • Do you want to work part time or full time? • What stores are you open to working at? • Are you open to seasonal work?

Source(s): College Career Instructor

Why do you love American Apparel? The founder has been charged with sexual harassment of his employees how many times?!? He doesn't dispute the events happened, just that he says it was "mutual". The company is currently under investigation for using illegal workers. Whereas, I thought the "FreeLA" slogan was meant to mean, made in the USA by documented workers... guess not. I could go on and on... Obviously, after 3 interviews you don't possess the skills they are looking for. Start looking for a job someone else.

Your Resume Must Reflects What you Know,,of course,they would Expect a Friendly and Knowledge about the company.Be good to fit the work atmosphere so you can easily get the Job.

Why don't you do some quick research of Dov Charney, the founder and Chief Executive Officer and then decide if this is a company you would really want to be a part of...

= he's not a "good guy"

Write that you want to work for them because they're a vertically integrated Made in USA clothing company and that your favorite book is "Trust me, I'm lying" by Ryan Holiday.

• Stephanie6 years agoReport

Actually, the company is Canadian. Started in Montreal.