Christopher asked in PetsFish · 8 years ago

Can you mix gouramis, Angelfish, and Cichlids at different times.?

I am planning on getting a 75 gallon Cichlid aquarium, the problem is I want some variety. i already know all the fish that I am getting can go together but can they go in at different times?

Fish list:

Plecostomus

Tiger Oscar Cichlid

Black Convict Cichlid

Firemouth Cichlid

4 Veiled angelfish (one will be a silver veiled angel but i dont know the other 3)

Blue Gourami

Gold Gourami

(Im not planning on breeding them)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

I know you have a 75gl tank but the cichlids will still pick on the gouramis and the angle fish because they are slow moving and they have long flowing fins that cichlids love to target. Also when making a community cichlid tank it is best only have cichlids of the origin such as central americans for example convict cichlids, firemouths, jack dempsey, pasionis, and since you have quite a bit space a centrocus cichlid would be a nice addition and it will be your dominant fish. Since you are wanting variety if you go with central americans swordtails are colorful central american fishes that can hold their own with cichlids and make a good cichlid tank a great cichlid tank.

Source(s): Personal experience and tropical fish hobbyist and breeder
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • tbug
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

The variety of fish you have selected will not go together. The Ocars will get very large and eat the gouramis. Angel fish need to be kept alone and do not do well in a community tank. the convicts,firemouths can be aggressive along with the oscar. You could try the convicts and firemouths along with some Malwai cichlids and the pleco. The Angles and gouramis could go together too. Good luck but look up what water quality each will need and what is there aggressivness.

• 8 years ago

You can not mix those fish together at anytime.

Those fish can not live together, not evan if you leave out the oscar. Not even in a 300 gallon tank.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.