Is there a plural for dragons?

Is there a plural term to refer to a population of dragons?

I know there not real, I was just wondering.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Favorite Answer

I suppose you could have a furnace of dragons, although not all dragons breathe fire so an element of dragons could work. Basically anything that makes sense to you - the plural of gorillas is troop but it was taken over by 'flange' because of the Not The 9'o Clock News' sketch.

According to answers the collective noun for komodo dragons is either a lounge or a mess.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

You make it up. They're fantasy creatures anyway.

Herd of dragons (when they're roaming the plains grazing as dragons do)

Claw of Dragons (when it's about five)

Horde of dragons (when there are a lot)

Hellstorm of dragons

Nation of dragons (when they have their own society)

Dragons must eat a lot of garlic to take in enough sulfur to make their breath flammable. Thus, dragons are reasoned to speak Greek or Italian passably. Old ones probably speak ancient Greek or Latin.

• 9 years ago

Draco is Latin for dragon. The plural is draconem. "Draco dormiens" is Latin for "sleeping dragon." The phrase is used in J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter series as part of Hogwart's crest motto--"draco dormiens nunquam titillandus," which means "never tickle a sleeping dragon."

• 9 years ago

A Weyr is a name for a group of dragons.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

Yep --- it's Dragons. If you mean like a heard of cattle, or a gaggle of Geese, I don't know. A Host of Dragons sounds good to me.

• 9 years ago

I think it's open to interpretation but horde, herd, gathering or even flock might work.

the plural for crows is a murder of crows. that might be an interesting one to use lol

• 9 years ago

horde of dragons! thats what they were called in a book i read.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.